The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Run to the Hills
Running Free

Encore 2:
Sanctuary 

Honestly, I don't remember much of it other than being jammed pack amongst a lot of head bangers and being visually stimulated with all the skull props on stage.  My friend Davey, who had a crush on me, took me and got me too stoned hence the memory loss.   :cheesy: :grin:
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

ManNamedTruth

My first show was punk/ska band Mustard Plug with Catch 22 opening at a club that closed down about 10 years ago. In High School all I listened to was punk. There was probably another band that played too that I can't remember. I don't have a ticket stub for this and payed at the door, so I don't know what the date is. Back in those days if you paid at the door you didn't get a ticket.

Mustard Plug - Mendoza
Catch 22 - On & On & On
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

zanjam

RUSH Signals Tour, Madison Square Garden, Dec 1982.  Wondering what I told my parents to get out of the house and into NYC at the ripe old age of 14?   :thumbsup:
anything + reverb always = better

APR

1st show - Beach Boys back when they played the mall in D.C. every July 4th.

2nd show - was dragged to Huey Lewis and the News at MPP, and going back to MPP always reminds me of Huey.

mahg33ta

Quote from: APR on Sep 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
1st show - Beach Boys back when they played the mall in D.C. every July 4th.

2nd show - was dragged to Huey Lewis and the News at MPP, and going back to MPP always reminds me of Huey.

My first two shows were both at MPP- the John Cougar mentioned above, and a Peter Gabriel show that really blew my impressionable mind.

lucylew

1982 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers w/special guest Stevie Nicks.

I was 15 and had to beg my mom for weeks to allow me to go to this local show with my older brother.  Stevie Nicks was so wasted she fell down on stage repeatedly.

It was awesome.

Sheets Of Clay

9/11/95 Nashville

R.E.M. with Radiohead opening

Fully

I was at that show, Sheets!

ericm

Quote from: searchinbig on Sep 06, 2012, 03:28 PM
Chicago, Doobie Brothers and Ozark Mountain Daredevils.
Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ  1974
Never forget that smell for the first time.  :smiley:

Nice one Mike! That was where I saw the first of many shows there growing up in J.C. Mine was Yes, summer of 76.

I guess it counts even though it was with family, and I was a kid, but one summer late 60's I saw the Cowsills, Beach Boys, and Duke Ellington in Atlantic City over the course of a week vacation.  I always count the Yes one as my first real concert though, mainly for that smell too. :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Shug

Quote from: lucylew on Sep 07, 2012, 11:41 PM
1982 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers w/special guest Stevie Nicks.

I was 15 and had to beg my mom for weeks to allow me to go to this local show with my older brother.  Stevie Nicks was so wasted she fell down on stage repeatedly.

It was awesome.

Long After Dark tour, nice!  Or was it still the Hard Promises tour?  I guess having Stevie there makes it more likely still Hard Promises.  Did they sing The Insider or Stop Draggin' My Heart Around?  What was the venue?  I know, lots of questions, I'm a dork for that stuff.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

Quote from: ericm on Sep 08, 2012, 06:03 PM

Nice one Mike! That was where I saw the first of many shows there growing up in J.C. Mine was Yes, summer of 76.

I guess it counts even though it was with family, and I was a kid, but one summer late 60's I saw the Cowsills, Beach Boys, and Duke Ellington in Atlantic City over the course of a week vacation.  I always count the Yes one as my first real concert though, mainly for that smell too. :wink:

In the mid 70s Count Basie and his Orchestra came to play my high school gym in Escondidio, CA.  The school band teacher had some jazz connections and somehow was able to get Basie to come play.  I don't usually think of it as my first concert, because it wasn't my idea to go, but I'm so glad I got to see a legend like that before he was gone.  In 1986 I also got to see Ella Fitzgerald backed by the Joe Pass Trio in a tiny club in Westwood, Los Angeles.  She had to be helped on stage but she still sang like a goddess.  I'm pretty lucky to have seen her, too.

I'm envious of Yes in 1976, too.  That must've been either the Relayer tour or Tales of Topographic Oceans?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

YimYodd

Summer of '76 in St Louis.
KISS (billed as the Hottest band in the land) was the headliner at Kiel Auditorium.
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band  opened w/ Get Out of Denver, the crowd went nuts and didn't stop til after KISS's encore. What a night!!
36 years ( and a couple hundred concerts ) later- on August 8th I finally got to see MMJ for the 1st time at Peabody Operahouse in St Louis, next door to the site  where Kiel was-  now  ScottTrade Center.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

YimYodd

Quote from: ericm on Sep 08, 2012, 06:03 PM

Not my first, but saw Yes in the round at IU in '78 - saw the other Yes guys (90210 tour) in early '80s w/cool lasers , then saw all of the guys together later.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

jcoyote

A very interesting mix of old and young fans here, but y'all know that already.  My actual first concert was Barry Manilow in '81.  Due to my mom being a "fan," but she didn't even go to the concert.  My mom would never have let me go see KISS in '79 on the Dynasty tour, although I was a huge fan at the time.  My best friend had his "birthday party" there.  I tell alot of people that was actually my first concert, but it is a lie.  :cry:
Don't judge me.  You don't know me. 

My first "real" concert was Billy Idol on the Rebel Yell tour.  I was supposed to see Van Halen on the 1984 tour, but I got a "D" or "F" on my report card in Physical Science (8th Grade), and that was the punishment.  Man, knowing what I know now, I certainly would have studied my Periodic Table better!! Thought I'd see them again, but as Patterson Hood once elequently exclaimed "The rest as they say, is history." 

I did see some great shows in the 80's.  Saw the previously mentioned Iron Maiden Powerslave tour, when Twisted Sister opened.  Saw DLR a couple of times.  Those were good times, I don't care what anyone says. 

YimYodd

Quote from: jcoyote on Sep 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
A very interesting mix of old and young fans here, but y'all know that already.  My actual first concert was Barry Manilow in '81.  Due to my mom being a "fan," but she didn't even go to the concert.  My mom would never have let me go see KISS in '79 on the Dynasty tour, although I was a huge fan at the time.  My best friend had his "birthday party" there.  I tell alot of people that was actually my first concert, but it is a lie.  :cry:
Don't judge me.  You don't know me. 

My first "real" concert was Billy Idol on the Rebel Yell tour.  I was supposed to see Van Halen on the 1984 tour, but I got a "D" or "F" on my report card in Physical Science (8th Grade), and that was the punishment.  Man, knowing what I know now, I certainly would have studied my Periodic Table better!! Thought I'd see them again, but as Patterson Hood once elequently exclaimed "The rest as they say, is history." 

I did see some great shows in the 80's.  Saw the previously mentioned Iron Maiden Powerslave tour, when Twisted Sister opened.  Saw DLR a couple of times.  Those were good times, I don't care what anyone says. 

I agree w/ you that there's a very interesting mix of old/young and their 1st concerts and I also saw lots of great shows thruout the '80s (including the Allman Bros 3 times).
I saw the Iron Maiden tour w/ Twisted Sister in ST Louis - TS was practically boo-ed off the stage by the fanatical Maiden crowd, including me.
Don't blame you for lying about KISS/ Manilow deal. :grin:    My 1st show actually was KISS.
I don't agree w/ you - and know you don't care - but imho I wouldn't walk across the street to see DLR. :evil:
But that's what makes a cool thread, all the different musical tastes.

YimYodd

Quote from: LD on Sep 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
June 1985 Iron Maiden - World Slavery Tour - Peoria, IL

Setlist:

Intro - Churchill's Speech

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Guitar Solo
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Run to the Hills
Running Free

Encore 2:
Sanctuary 

Honestly, I don't remember much of it other than being jammed pack amongst a lot of head bangers and being visually stimulated with all the skull props on stage.  My friend Davey, who had a crush on me, took me and got me too stoned hence the memory loss.   :cheesy: :grin:

I saw this show 6 months earlier(12/18/84) in ST Louis. Understand about the memory loss... what I remember best is the fanatical Maiden crowd, me included, practically booing TwistedSister off the stage and the 30 foot Eddie at the end.
Considering your memory issues, how did you come up w/ setlist?  :grin:

exist10z

Iron Maiden w/ Quiet Riot (IM - World Piece Tour) - 1983 at the Baltimore Arena

I actually had to look that up to be sure of the year, and sure it actually happened.  I think I also saw Twisted Sister at Baltimore Arena that year or the next, and definitely saw Night Ranger at University of Maryland Ritchie Collesium around this time.

I was a little metal head...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

jcoyote

I don't agree w/ you - and know you don't care - but imho I wouldn't walk across the street to see DLR. :evil:  But that's what makes a cool thread, all the different musical tastes.
[/quote]

I hear ya', but DLR in 1985 was still a performer, and he had assembled a pretty good band w/ Steve Vai and Billy Sheheen.  Not Eddie and Michael, but as close as it was going to come, ever again. 

jcoyote

Quote from: YimYodd on Sep 10, 2012, 07:28 PM
Quote from: LD on Sep 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
June 1985 Iron Maiden - World Slavery Tour - Peoria, IL

Setlist:

Intro - Churchill's Speech

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Guitar Solo
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Run to the Hills
Running Free

Encore 2:
Sanctuary 

I saw this show 6 months earlier(12/18/84) in ST Louis. Understand about the memory loss... what I remember best is the fanatical Maiden crowd, me included, practically booing TwistedSister off the stage and the 30 foot Eddie at the end.
Considering your memory issues, how did you come up w/ setlist?  :grin:

Because w/ all the production involved, that setlist did not change.  Live After Death is still one of my favorite concert dvds.  When Eddie comes out, I still say "Whoa!"

joey_rogo

The first concert I ever attended was an Our Lady Peace show.

Yup.