FS: Fox Theater Boulder, CO Halloween 2005 Poster

Started by tomEisenbraun, Sep 14, 2012, 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

I've had this poster for a while now, and it's in perfect condition. It hasn't ever been hung unless behind glass, as far as I can tell. It's currently stored loosely rolled in thick box. No corner damage, no pin-holes. It's Number 130/150.

That's a picture from the interwebs and not actually my copy. I only have two hands so I can't get a good picture of it unrolled all the way. Maybe I can clean off my coffee table and put some soft books on the corners? It's in near-perfect shape. The black up top has a little... it's not really a scuff or wear or anything, but it has a little visible *something* from where it's been rolled. That's horribly vague. It's not visible unless you hold it against a particular angle of the light. It looks like the kind of the thing could be lifted from the print by someone who knew what they were doing. This makes it sound like a bigger deal than it is. I'll take a picture.

I've seen it go upward of $500 pretty regularly. posterscene.com is currently selling this thing for an outrageous $600 (http://www.posterscene.com/html_index.cfm?page=item_page&itemoid=18292).

I'd like to cut some off the price and keep it in the forum family if possible. Anywho, PM me with an offer, yeah? Cool.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Bernard

The top of my ISO list, PM sent thanks for the chance!

johnnYYac

Geez, Tom.  First post since Feb. 09!  And only 3 posts in 08.  Welcome back!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tomEisenbraun

Bernard

Best of luck to you Tom, hope you get what you're looking for.

johnnYYac

Quote from: tomEisenbraun on Sep 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
Thankya, sir!
Folks, while doing some research, I find that Tom is the longest running member of this forum to have posted recently, with one exception... CC Baxter.  Tom joined in January 2004, but CC started the thing in 2001.  I love visiting the ancient threads.  Patrick posted a ton in '05, I see.

tomEisenbraun

Just a heads-up, this sucker ends tomorrow/today (it's either incredibly late or horrifyingly early, but it is 5:30am right now regardless).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Morning-Jacket-Poster-Halloween-Boulder-2005-honey-bear-gold-ink/230854575480?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=013&category=164055&cmd=ViewItem

And JohnnYYac, I'm fairly sure that aMD went through a screenname change at some point, but he's been around since the start, if I'm not mistaken.

Patrick and Jim and Tom used to post quite a bit, and I found out they lurked quite a bit when the board was smaller, too. When I first met the band in '05, Patrick recognized my screenname, which was really cool, and also nice and nerdy! I'll vouch for Riny/CC Baxter, too. I ran into him at Bonnaroo '06. He gave me some VIP lounge American Spirits :smiley:

johnnYYac

Congrats on the sale, Tom.  And congrats to whomever scored this beauty. 

Bernard

Don't think it sold.  Last I saw it was at $126 and hadn't reached the reserved.

tomEisenbraun

Bernard's right, it didn't clear the reserve price. I'd be happy to sell this puppy for $200.

Shoot me a PM.

I've got some good clear pictures of it. I'll post those in a minute.

johnnYYac

Oops.  Sorry, Tom.  I though I saw it went for the Buy It Now price.  I have this one or I'd be all over it.

tomEisenbraun

Sweet Nothing

Quote from: tomEisenbraun on Oct 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Alrighty, trying this one again, no reserve price this time and a lowered Buy It Now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Morning-Jacket-Poster-Halloween-Boulder-2005-honey-bear-gold-ink-/230859264551

So this most recent ebay listing didn't reach its reserve price either i take it?  Cause i see that you have this one listed on gigposters.com for $200. 

johnnYYac

walterfredo