Love for Levon (LIVE UPDATES)

Started by hodgeswm, Oct 03, 2012, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Agreed, so awesome, bring on the DVD!  :cheesy: :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
"For those who missed the concert, don't worry: the performances will be shown on AXS TV and released on DVD at a later date. All proceeds of the event went to Helm's recording studio barn in Woodstock, N.Y."

does that mean we get another YacTube webcast?  :wink:

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Oct 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
"For those who missed the concert, don't worry: the performances will be shown on AXS TV and released on DVD at a later date. All proceeds of the event went to Helm's recording studio barn in Woodstock, N.Y."

If someone finds out when, I'll do the rest...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 06, 2012, 02:56 PM

Gotta get the chat going too! It won't be near the same without that, and the sounds of beer can tops being cracked open!  :wink:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Oct 06, 2012, 03:02 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 06, 2012, 02:56 PM

Gotta get the chat going too! It won't be near the same without that, and the sounds of beer can tops being cracked open!  :wink:   :beer:
I've liked the AXS facebook page, they are pretty good about advertising what shows are going to be broadcast that week. I'll keep a look out for it.

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: Woody on Oct 05, 2012, 11:05 PM
Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Oct 05, 2012, 10:41 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 04, 2012, 09:36 AM
Roger Waters and My Morning Jacket - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Love For Levon 10-3-12

Ok I can't really tell but is that G.E Smith on guitar by Jim and Roger at the end?
SNL Creepy yes, but very talented  :wink:

Yup, that was GE Smith. He played in Roger Waters band during the Wall tour. Drummer Steve Jordan was out there as well for a few tunes which I don't think many people noticed. Some serious talent behind the skins that night!

I saw the Wall tour last year, had no idea.? Last time I saw GE Smith was with Hot tuna at Further Fest in Nor Cal. Serious talents, great show. Psyched you got to experience it! :thumbsup:

BH

Review and setlist.

I also heard they are planning to play this on AXS tv and release a DVD.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/99504/Review-Photos-Love-for-Levon-New-Jersey

Set One:
The Shape I'm In (Warren Haynes), Long Black Veil (Warren Haynes and Gregg Allman), Trouble In Mind (Jorma Kaukonen and Barry Mitterhoff), This Wheel's On Fire (Levon Helm Band with Shawn Pelton), Little Birds (Levon Helm Band), Listening To Levon (Marc Cohn), Move Along Train (Mavis Staples), Life Is A Carnival (Allen Toussaint and Jaimoe), When I Paint My Masterpiece (John Prine and Garth Hudson), Anna Lee (Bruce Hornsby), Ain't Got No Home (Jakob Dylan and Rami Jaffee), Whispering Pines (Lucinda Williams), Rag Mama Rag (Mike Gordon and John Hiatt)

Set Two:
Don't Do It (David Bromberg and Joan Osborne), I Shall Be Released (Grace Potter, Don Was and Matt Burr), Tears Of Rage (Ray LaMontagne and John Mayer), Rockin' Chair (Dierks Bentley), Genetic Method (Garth Hudson) , Chest Fever (Dierks Bentley), A Train Robbery (Eric Church), Get Up Jake (Eric Church), Tennessee Jed (John Mayer and Levon Helm Band), Up On Cripple Creek (Joe Walsh and Robert Randolph), Ophelia (My Morning Jacket and Levon Helm Band), It Makes No Difference (My Morning Jacket), The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (Roger Waters and My Morning Jacket), Wide River To Cross (Roger Waters and Amy Helm), The Weight (Everyone)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

Heads up - this came out today on DVD and Blu Ray.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

itrainmonkeys

My pre-order arrived from Amazon. So excited to watch this. The packaging is awesome.

searchinbig

Wow that sure is pretty! Thanks for sharing the photos. Makes me look forward to watching this even more.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."