Main Menu

2012 ACL Festival

Started by Fully, Oct 11, 2012, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA, I missed the Shakes webcast, but they brought out horns?!?! I've been begging for this! What tunes did they add horn arrangements to???
O, I wish I could tell you, but my memory is a little fuzzy from yesterday. I know I liked it. That I do know.

Whippy, I'm good on the Red Rocks DVD. I was trying to help out Dilsnufus. It sounds like you might be able to help him better than I can though.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Oct 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA, I missed the Shakes webcast, but they brought out horns?!?! I've been begging for this! What tunes did they add horn arrangements to???
O, I wish I could tell you, but my memory is a little fuzzy from yesterday. I know I liked it. That I do know.

Whippy, I'm good on the Red Rocks DVD. I was trying to help out Dilsnufus. It sounds like you might be able to help him better than I can though.
I already PM'd the Dil-ster about the Red Rocks DVD, but I can't copy the blu ray.  If someone wants to crank out a bunch, I'm sure there would be many takers willing to cover the cost to do so.  I've considered it, but I have spend so much on DVDs over the last few years, I'll let someone else do the blu ray.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Whippy, I missed Band of Skulls today, but I've seen them before several years ago. They are not bad at all. I don't know why I haven't listened to them more over the years.

mahg33ta

I Ain't the Same
Rise to the Sun
Heavy Chevy

MrWhippy

The Band of Skulls set ended up being a huge disappointment.  They had to leave stage after two songs when the guitar shorted out due to a huge rainstorm that was coming through.  There was then a 10-15 minute break.  They came back and played 3-4 more songs and then left the stage with a full 15 minutes left in their set time.  WTF?

Watched the Jack White set and he killed it.

In other news, "Walk Like a Giant" still sucks.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

oistheone

Quote from: mahg33ta on Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 AM

I Ain't the Same
Rise to the Sun
Heavy Chevy

Really hope this trend continues. For future tours, I kinda hope the Shakes go the "soul" route as opposed to the "rock" route and add a horn section. It'd beef up the sound in a way that would satisfy my soul.

justbcuzido

I got to see the Shakes at both ACL and an afterhours show with Lee Fields (AMAZING) as the opener. They took it to a different level on their afterhours show. It seems the direction they are going is more rock n roll in the vein of 50's/earlys 60's rock sound based on the new stuff they played.. All knee slappers for sure! It was awesome finally being able to see them after not being able to get tickets to two of their Chicago shows before I moved to Austin (sold out and none available on Stubb Hubb)..
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.