Jacket Bracket Attack 2012

Started by Ruckus, Oct 11, 2012, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 15, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Jan 15, 2013, 06:50 PM
Nice work, Ruckus!  That was fun.  Now what?

isn't it obvious?  we do the inverse and identify the most disliked MMJ song.
I think this is a brilliant idea btw!  Who wants to admin?! :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

zanjam

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 14, 2013, 06:48 PM
Which version of Steam Engine should represent the song? 

I'm thinking this...

Jim James - Steam Engine
I see now no one responded to this and yes, this should be the Steam Theme.  One of the most beautiful versions I have ever seen/heard in my life. 

BTW my husband calls this song "The Beast".  Not as a joke, he thinks that's the name. He's learning.
anything + reverb always = better

Penny Lane

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 15, 2013, 01:17 AM

BTW my husband calls this song "The Beast".  Not as a joke, he thinks that's the name. He's learning.

that's awesome! so appropriate..i'm using that from now on..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 AM
Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 15, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Jan 15, 2013, 06:50 PM
Nice work, Ruckus!  That was fun.  Now what?

isn't it obvious?  we do the inverse and identify the most disliked MMJ song.
I think this is a brilliant idea btw!  Who wants to admin?! :beer:

we did this on the truckers board (it always annoys a lot of people but we always do it when a new album comes out)

you take what you think are the top 10 least favorites, then every 24 hours, posters get to add a point and take away a point from a song..you do it until (obviously) you're left with one)...sometimes it takes a while but takes a lot less administrative work..

each song starts with a certain number of points (say 25 for example)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

manonthemoon

This isn't even a contest, its obviously "Two Halves" or "Sec Walkin", their both so bad that I couldn't even pick which one is worse.
Alive or Just Breathing

lpkell2145

Quote from: manonthemoon on Feb 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
This isn't even a contest, its obviously "Two Halves" or "Sec Walkin", there both so bad I couldn't even pick which one is worse.

You hit the nail right on the head manon

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

20 times I wish you'd understand...

e_wind

This isn't even a contest, its obviously "Two Halves" or "Sec Walkin", their both so bad that I couldn't even pick which one is worse.

Quote from: lpkell2145 on Feb 15, 2013, 08:13 PM
This isn't even a contest, its obviously "Two Halves" or "Sec Walkin", there both so bad I couldn't even pick which one is worse.

You hit the nail right on the head manon

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

their and there, but you need a "they're"

I like two halves and sec walkin a lot more than some other songs. (first light)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Anyone wanting to do another one of these?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LeanneP

I was literally thinking this same question yesterday! 
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

ItBeats4Jew

meh, Steam Engine will just win again anyway (even though it should be I Will Sing You Songs, damnit!).  i say we do one in reverse to pick out the least favorite. 
what Madonna said really helped

weeniebeenie

Yes. Let's. Most or least favourite, I'm happy with either one.
How loud can silence get?

EverythingChanges

If we do least favorite, should we keep it simple and only use officially released tracks?

Or we could start with TTF and work our way to Circuital by determining the favorite track from each album?  It could be ran like an elimination round-based game.  People would vote on their least favorite track, and at the end of each round, that song would be removed, leaving us with the remaining bunch, until we got to the final song.  Then we would move onto At Dawn and so forth.  At the end, we could vote between the winners to determine the greatest overall song.  And if you all think it would be better to leave Steam out of the competition, so we can see different results, I'm game.  We could also take the least favorite from each album and vote for the worst overall song while we are at it.

We could do something like this:

TTF elimination
AD elimination
ISM elimination
Z elimination
EU elimination
Circuital elimination
EPs/Unreleased songs Grp. 1 elimination
EPs/Unreleased songs Grp. 2 elimination
Covers elimination

Winners from the 9 groups elimination
Losers from the 9 groups elimination (determines least favorite song)

EverythingChanges

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 23, 2013, 11:11 AM
If we do least favorite, should we keep it simple and only use officially released tracks?

Or we could start with TTF and work our way to Circuital by determining the favorite track from each album?  It could be ran like an elimination round-based game.  People would vote on their least favorite track, and at the end of each round, that song would be removed, leaving us with the remaining bunch, until we got to the final song.  Then we would move onto At Dawn and so forth.  At the end, we could vote between the winners to determine the greatest overall song.  And if you all think it would be better to leave Steam out of the competition, so we can see different results, I'm game.  We could also take the least favorite from each album and vote for the worst overall song while we are at it.

TTF elimination
AD elimination
ISM elimination
Z elimination
EU elimination
Circuital elimination
Covers elimination

Anyone up for this?  If there are enough people, I will get it started.

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 25, 2013, 03:12 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 23, 2013, 11:11 AM

TTF elimination
AD elimination
ISM elimination
Z elimination
EU elimination
Circuital elimination
Covers elimination

Anyone up for this?  If there are enough people, I will get it started.

yes, if we include least favorite. 
what Madonna said really helped

MMPJ6306

this sounds awesome. can't wait to play.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

patrickbateman

I love two halves. I don't think it's intended to be their most loved, revolutionary, epic song. I think it's a cool little change of pace with an injection of humor in there.

Like Jim has said several times, not every song needs to be completely serious and grown from pain. I don't think I would like it if they came out with an album of exclusively Steam Engine and Dondante like sentiment.