Bermuda Highway to Maui

Started by exist10z, Nov 05, 2012, 01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exist10z

I was in this little restaurant in Maui tonight having dinner and Burmuda Highway came on, it was awesome.  And unexpected.  The place is really eclectic, and I assume the owners makes his own mixes, strange mixes pretty much.  You might hear a 70s light rock hit, then some zydeco, then some 80s new wave, then an electronic house 'song', then who knows.

But I'm sitting there, and it comes on, and for like the first 10 second I'm thinking 'wait a second, I know this song'.  Anyway, it was cool. :thumbsup:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

smhoffmann02

This summer I was with some friends at a local joint enjoying a late night dinner on the patio.  All of a sudden Run Thru came on - I almost lost it.   :cheesy:  Must have been a satellite radio station.

It's awesome when it happens.  :thumbsup:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

zanjam

I was at a Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers show this summer and they busted out a raging One Big Holiday.  I pretty much did lose it!
anything + reverb always = better

e_wind

Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Nov 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
This summer I was with some friends at a local joint enjoying a late night dinner on the patio.  All of a sudden Run Thru came on - I almost lost it.   :cheesy:  Must have been a satellite radio station.

Im a waiter at a restaurant that plays predominately really good music. my boss who's pandora station we use sees almost eye to eye with me on music. We put it on MMJ radio quite often, its awesome. last week I was talking to a table when I realized the woman wasn't paying attention at all, and was just staring forward. it was awkward until she finally looked on me and said "sorry, run thru just came on, I love this song" and we high-fived. she was a complete stranger, so its a good thing I know what "run-thru" is.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

justbcuzido

I just moved to Austin and have been going to this Southwestern Grill (Z Tejas), and every time I am there something off Circuital gets played. I asked the waitress about this and she said they rotate out albums on their cd player but there is usually an MMJ record on the playlist. Needless to say, I have been going there on a regular basis.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

iLikeBeer

I went to hang out with my BIL to have some beers and watch a Tribe game at a local drinking hole around the time Circuital came out and much to my pleasant surprise, the whole album was played not once, but twice!   :thumbsup:  Needless to say, I enjoyed the music much more than the Tribe game...  :beer:

smhoffmann02

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 05, 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Nov 05, 2012, 12:25 PM

Im a waiter at a restaurant that plays predominately really good music. my boss who's pandora station we use sees almost eye to eye with me on music. We put it on MMJ radio quite often, its awesome. last week I was talking to a table when I realized the woman wasn't paying attention at all, and was just staring forward. it was awkward until she finally looked on me and said "sorry, run thru just came on, I love this song" and we high-fived. she was a complete stranger, so its a good thing I know what "run-thru" is.

Very cool, ewind.  That shit made your night, didn't it?
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Tracy 2112

We just saw Patrick at the Turnip Truck here in Nashville

http://www.theturniptruck.com/
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

He tweeted that he ate Bolton's Hot Chicken last night. I prefer Prince's For hot chicken myself.