• Welcome to My Morning Jacket Forum. Please login or sign up.

regions of light and sound of god

Started by baconus66, Nov 12, 2012, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Apr 11, 2013, 01:19 AM
Is this free to download or do you actually have to pay for it?
$8.91
Close enough!

searchinbig

Definitely worth the money.  I'm really enjoying this show. Just love how they take these songs to another level. This was the beginning of the tour also. I can only imagine how much greater the upcoming shows will be.

Glad to have some ROL and SOG live to listen to!!

Hey, does anyone know the other members of the band and their names? Excellent musicians really.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

BH

I downloaded the app, and I am able to stream it, but I can't figure out how to download.   Where do I download?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Quote from: BH on Apr 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
I downloaded the app, and I am able to stream it, but I can't figure out how to download.   Where do I download?

I'm not sure about the app, but if you get on your computer and go to rdio.com, sign in and go to the McKittrick playlist. There is a button there that says purchase mp3 or something similar to it. I can't access it at work, so I'm just going from memory. Hope it helps you.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Apr 11, 2013, 10:45 AM
Quote from: BH on Apr 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
I downloaded the app, and I am able to stream it, but I can't figure out how to download.   Where do I download?

I'm not sure about the app, but if you get on your computer and go to rdio.com, sign in and go to the McKittrick playlist. There is a button there that says purchase mp3 or something similar to it. I can't access it at work, so I'm just going from memory. Hope it helps you.
Its not intuitive, but you need the app to download the files.  I purchased the album but didn't download the app at first and finally figured it out. 

Quote from: searchinbig on Apr 11, 2013, 07:10 AM
Definitely worth the money.  I'm really enjoying this show. Just love how they take these songs to another level. This was the beginning of the tour also. I can only imagine how much greater the upcoming shows will be.

Glad to have some ROL and SOG live to listen to!!

Hey, does anyone know the other members of the band and their names? Excellent musicians really.
Kevin Ratterman - percussion, keys, samples
David Givan - drums
Alana Rocklin - bass
Dan Dorf - keyboards
Close enough!


EverythingChanges

God's Love to Deliver on the Sleep No More release is  :shocked:.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

justbcuzido

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 18, 2013, 11:30 PM
God's Love to Deliver on the Sleep No More release is  :shocked:.

I second this.. My favorite though is Of The Mother Again and the extended jam on it. I just love that song regardless, but after seeing his solo show twice now, it truly does breath.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

darkglow

after about the 3rd or 4th time hearing "of the mother again" i made the connection to the guitar riff that starts in at 2 minutes 10 sec with the dr. dog song "fat dog" since i read it in the liner notes.. also i thought it sounded a lot like the hanz zimmer theme to the tom cruise nascar racing movie "days of thunder" and i can't get that connection out of my head.. i know they don't sound the same to but me they sound "similar"
Philharmonic Orchestra - Days of Thunder - Main Title (Film music of Hans Zimmer)

HardNightConformist

Regions Of Light And Sound Of God is one my favourite albums of all-time. I think it's fantastic.

Mahgeetah34

Is there a soundboard/ near-soundboard quality version of "All Is Forgiven" with an extended jam at the end? At least three times or more the length of the album version? I'd like to find one if it's out there please :thumbsup:

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011


Taterbug


Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 08, 2013, 06:53 PM
Is there a soundboard/ near-soundboard quality version of "All Is Forgiven" with an extended jam at the end? At least three times or more the length of the album version? I'd like to find one if it's out there please :thumbsup:

I like the version from The Brown Theater show. It's over 10 minutes.  I think I got it from steam engine.   Good sound.  Good show. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 23, 2013, 09:43 PM

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 08, 2013, 06:53 PM
Is there a soundboard/ near-soundboard quality version of "All Is Forgiven" with an extended jam at the end? At least three times or more the length of the album version? I'd like to find one if it's out there please :thumbsup:

I like the version from The Brown Theater show. It's over 10 minutes.  I think I got it from steam engine.   Good sound.  Good show.

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to check it out  :smiley:

IMeMine

Anyone notice Exploding kinda sounds like Oxen How Could I Know?
Everything passes...Everything changes...Just do what you think you should do

Nikkogino

This album has aged well.  What a great listen front to back.

TommyBurnz

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 05, 2021, 04:31 PMThis album has aged well.  What a great listen front to back.
Was always a huge fan of this one. Saw Jim in NYC with Sleep No More performance. Was one of my top shows ever. Great experience.