Writers = Musicians

Started by exist10z, Dec 02, 2012, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Thank you....it has become obvious what I need to investigate....

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly, man got to sit and wonder why, why, why.
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land, man got to tell himself he understand.
- Cat's Cradle

It pours off the page like it was written in my soul. 
There's Still Time.........

Fully

Sweat board, you are a Bokononist at heart. Choose wisely who you put your feet on.
BoC has my favorite page in it. It has a drawing of a dot with some squiggly lines on it. Then it says (sic) This is a drawing of an asshole. Or something very similar. It came at the perfect moment in the book when a non sequitur was needed. God Bless You Mr Rosewater was also a good book, bit Cat's Cradle is his best even though Slaughter 5 gets the most praise and accolades.

Penny Lane

Who is Ayn Rand? Just curious...don't say Rush...

Tom Robbins: Fruit Bats
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

exist10z

Who is Ayn Rand?  A dispicably hypocritical human being and simplistically obtuse psuedo 'philosopher', who makes me ashamed to be an atheist.

Not that I have strong feelings about her... :evil:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

MamaKel

I'm pretty jealous I didn't think of Tom Robbins and Fruit Bats. Good call, fine friend. I humbly bow.

Jaimoe

Ann Coulter = Nickelback

MamaKel

Ann Coulter=Nickelback was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Who's Ted Nugent?

Strangely enough, I was actually talking to an 88 year old woman about Ted Nugent today. After describing him, she agreed that he's a total jerkoff, and said she believes men like that should be born with one less testicle.  So I explained to her that I refer to someone who is acting like an out-of-control asshole as 'a huge Nuge'.

So...Rush Limbaugh=Ted Nugent?

MamaKel

sweatboard

thank you.....that was a comprehensvie overview. 

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 03, 2012, 11:37 PM
So, reading over this thread I have come to the conclusion that I really need to read Kurt Vonnegut.  What should I start with?

Breakfast of Champions is my favorite. Vonnegut is probably my favorite author.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

sweatboard

I dont mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence....but I can't feed on the powerless when my cups already overfilled.....

http://youtu.be/TLaPAPZoz94