Led Zeppelin on Letterman tonight December 3rd

Started by Tracy 2112, Dec 03, 2012, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Tracy 2112

I don't get people. So, 3/4 of the greatest rock and roll band ever show up at a talk show who all got famous for playing music, who all 3 are capable of playing music, who all 3 are living comfortable lives financially, and who wouldn't be there alone without their musical talent, and they do an interview and don't play a lick of music.

Thanks for being weirdos?  :undecided:

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 04, 2012, 10:21 AM
I don't get people. So, 3/4 of the greatest rock and roll band ever show up at a talk show who all got famous for playing music, who all 3 are capable of playing music, who all 3 are living comfortable lives financially, and who wouldn't be there alone without their musical talent, and they do an interview and don't play a lick of music.

Here's your choices: either they really don't want to play without Bonham, Plant's voice just can't do it on the reg, Plant just won't do it, or they want to maintain their legacy/mystique. I put most of my money on Plant not doing it for whatever reason.

Mr. White

Quote from: Fully on Dec 04, 2012, 10:29 AM

Here's your choices: either they really don't want to play without Bonham, Plant's voice just can't do it on the reg, Plant just won't do it, or they want to maintain their legacy/mystique. I put most of my money on Plant not doing it for whatever reason.

I'm not sure, but I feel they want to avoid having one of those moments where if they mess up and put on a sub-standard performance it will wind up on YouTube and be there for all time. They probably don't want to keep up with practicing either. (I got the Deluxe version of Celebration Day, and it included about 2 hours of them working on their performance. Also, they got together to do this 5 years ago and probably haven't played together at all since that concert.)

Another thing, they are just out there to promote the concert release, so it will be a big money maker for the holidays. Neil Young, Pete Townshend, and many others have been going on talk shows recently to promote their books and don't ever play either. I KNOW Neil could play a quick high quality solo song if he really wanted to. It is just a promotional thing...probably. Or, maybe they are still having issues related to disrespecting John Paul Jones in the past and just can't get along well enough.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

JPJ is my favorite member of LZ.  He is so wonderfully versatile and terribly under-appreciated.  I saw him with Them Crooked Vultures and it was a wonderful show.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

sweatboard

It's so much bigger than that dude.  They are doing a fucking interview....Can you tell us why your are here....we need some words to explain this
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Led Zep has finally transcended music....and I was there!!

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 04, 2012, 10:20 PM

It's so much bigger than that dude.  They are doing a fucking interview....Can you tell us why your are here....we need some words to explain this

Did you really just call me dude?

sweatboard

sweatboard

Dude is a word that comes in handy sometimes. 

Fully

JPJ was awfully cute during that interview.

Tracy 2112

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 05, 2012, 09:16 AM
Well, the Bad Boys from Boston were there last week and Joe and Steven did a sit down with Dave

Aerosmith - "Lover Alot" 11/1/2012 live on David Letterman

David Letterman with AeroSmith - 2012-11-01

This might be the exact reason why Led Zeppelin doesn't want to continue to perform. Who really wants to be Aerosmith from the mid 80's on?