12.12.12 Sandy Concert

Started by Murph, Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Final rebroadcast of the concert started at 7pm Eastern on AXS TV, like 9 minutes ago... will run 'til 1am.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Dec 13, 2012, 02:34 AM
Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
The Who really put out for the show tonight.  I think they did more songs by far than anyone else.  Way to go!

They've been absolutely phenomenal this tour! Full of life and really nailing everything. Definitely not going through the motions like so many older bands do now. See Me, Feel Me/Listening To You was incredible! great to see them dust that off (haven't seen it played this tour)

I have to agree having just seen them in Philly this past Sat.  You never know how long they'll go on but, if this is the last time I see them, I will go out with great memories to the end.

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

I read that the Stones never play back to back nights and due to their show the next night only requested 15 minutes (but played for just 10). 

Was anyone else here a fan of the McCartney with the "Nirvana reunion" backing band?  I thought it was fantastic.  His set list was interesting, but I thought 1985 was really good.

DVR was key due to to some necessary fast forwarding bits of the show.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Mr. White

Quote from: APR on Dec 16, 2012, 11:48 PM

DVR was key due to to some necessary fast forwarding bits of the show.

I'm upset about my DVR-ing of the show. I wasn't thinking, and recorded it from AMC. I always record my favorite music acts that appear on TV onto a DVD using my Magnavox DVD recorder that is connected directly to my DVR. However, all of the pay channels like HBO, Showtime, and the like have some kind of block or filter (kind of like the old way some VHS tapes had Microscreening that messed up any attempts to record or bootleg). Anyway, I wasn't thinking anything of how AMC might be one of those channels that could block attempts to record their shows (TBS does this too. I found this out earlier this year when trying to record some music on Conan). I was just looking for a channel that had good sound since some Directv channels are a bit quieter than others. Does anyone know how I can bypass this kind of block to record to DVD? Is there some newer kind of DVD recorder or some other way to hook up my Magnavox recorder that will allow me to record? If not, is there anyone out there who has recorded the entire show to DVD that I could get a copy of? (I was able to find Roger Waters' whole set and already posted it here and downloaded it to my computer, but I really wanted a nice HD copy, and The Who's set hasn't shown up on YouTube either.) Plus, I have had one DVR go down permanently on me and lost everything that was on it (including MMJ on Austin City Limits and several George Carlin HBO Specials).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011