Most Anticipated Albums of 2013

Started by exist10z, Dec 18, 2012, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exist10z

I'll have to update this as I determine who else has albums coming out that I haven't yet heard about, but for now.

VERY EXCITED
Jim James - Regions of Light and Sound of God
Atoms For Peace - Amok
Phosphorescent - Muchacho

EXCITED DESPITE LACK OF DETAILS
Arcade Fire - TBD
Phoenix - TBD

INTERESTED
Yo La Tengo - Fade Out
Beach Fossils - Clash The Truth
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual

And of course there will hopefully be at least a half dozen bands/albums/acts that come out of nowhere and bring lots of newfound happiness.

Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

FiddleCastro

Lady Lamb The Beekeeper - Ripely Pine
Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law
Daughter LP
Yeah Yeah Yeahs LP
Foxygen - We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic
Speck Mountain - Badwater
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Northern Neighbour

Definitely excited about the new releases from Arcade Fire, Yo La Tengo, Foxygen, The Joy Formidable, Phoenix, and Beach Fossils.

Other bands:
- U2
- Ra Ra Riot
- Toro Y Moi
- Widowspeak
- Local Natives
- Veronica Falls

APR

At least two more good ones in the works:

Pearl Jam
Queens of the Stone Age

pawpaw

New Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Not really sure what else is coming out next year besides that and the Jim James solo album.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

J Roddy Walston and the Business
Futurebirds
Phosphorescent
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

exist10z

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
Futurebirds
Phosphorescent

Totally forgot this one, absolutely added to my Very Excited list! :thumbsup:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

capt. scotty

J Roddy Walston & the Business

The rest of the albums I think I know what Im getting, this is the one I cant wait to hear
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Fully

Futurebirds
Phosphorescent

Looking forward to Futurebirds and J Roddy. Maybe I'll ride the Phosphorescent train one day, but I haven't jumped on it yet.

LBSUNFLWR

The Head and The Heart - are they ever putting out a 2nd album???

Hawkeye

Quote from: Fully on Dec 21, 2012, 05:18 AM
Futurebirds
Phosphorescent

Looking forward to Futurebirds and J Roddy. Maybe I'll ride the Phosphorescent train one day, but I haven't jumped on it yet.

Do it!  I really only know "To Willie" and "Here's to taking it easy" but I really like them both.  I can see how some might not like his vocal style, but I love it.
We could.

Waddy Peytona

Besides the long-awaited Jim James album, obviously, I'm looking forward to the full-length debut from Houndmouth, as well as the new Son Volt album. 

MrWhippy

Not sure if there are any other Richard Thompson fans on here besides Jeff, but I'm looking very forward to his new one, out Feb. 5.

Also excited about new Jim James, Atoms for Peace, Pearl Jam, and Queens of the Stone Age. 

There should be a new Tool album this year as well, or it could be a few more.  Waiting for Tool albums is like Waiting for your Man with Lou Reed, first thing you learn is that you always have to wait.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Northern Neighbour

Add The Yeah Yeah Yeahs to my list.

exist10z

Just thinking this morning (while listening to Boxer) that it would be great to get a new The National album this year, but haven't really heard any rumors or anything, so that's more of a wish than an anticipation.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Dec 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
Add The Yeah Yeah Yeahs to my list.

To mine as well.  With how different all three albums have been, it will be very interesting to see what they have cooked up this time.

MrWhippy

Also add My Bloody Valentine to my list.  Seems like the year that they will finally release the follow up to "Loveless."  They posted that they finished mixing the new album a few days ago.

e-stone

The Cave Singers - Naomi (5.5.13)

i don't seem to hear much chatter about them, but they've quietly put out three excellent albums.  seems like they'd fit nicely into the MMJsphere.

The Cave Singers - Swim Club (Live at Pickathon)

The Cave Singers - Haller Lake

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ob1jacobe

Quote from: exist10z on Dec 18, 2012, 11:34 PM
I'll have to update this as I determine who else has albums coming out that I haven't yet heard about, but for now.

VERY EXCITED
Atoms For Peace - Amok
Phosphorescent - Muchacho

EXCITED DESPITE LACK OF DETAILS
Arcade Fire - TBD
Phoenix - TBD

INTERESTED
Yo La Tengo - Fade Out
Beach Fossils - Clash The Truth
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual

And of course there will hopefully be at least a half dozen bands/albums/acts that come out of nowhere and bring lots of newfound happiness.

These + Yeah Yeah Yeah and Foals

Wilco just posted on Facebook that there should be a new record in 2013 :grin: