Rolling Stone pic

Started by marktwain, Jul 12, 2003, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

Well, I was just flipping through the July 24 edition of Rolling Stone, and spotted a pic of our boys on page 22, emerging from a line of Port-A-Johns at Bonnaroo.  Rolling Stone says they mix "hypnotic pop with country rock," and quotes Jim as saying, "I was really scared" of being in front of so many people.

Oy, I wish I could've been there.

CC

Oz

I'm ready when you are

peanut butter puddin surprise

I wonder how that photo came about...did the photographer or the band suggest coming out of the "thunder pots" (as they are named in da Ville)??

Hmmm.....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

I can't believe Jim was actually scared--I bet there was tons of love coming from the crowd!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

That pic reminds me of one of the many bonuses that Bonnaroo has: "relatively" clean thunderpots.  So long as you got to one before noon--you could be almost certain to have a nice refreshing few minutes of privacy.  The only bad part is that it still is 110 degrees inside the clean ones.  The organizers of the infield at the Kentucky Derby could learn a thing or too about clean toilets.  Have any of you all got horror stories from the thunderpots at Churchhill on Derby Day?

TheMollusk

one time i saw a picture of mmj

wordawg

Quote Have any of you all got horror stories from the thunderpots at Churchhill on Derby Day?

Never had the pleasure, but the ones at the Leeds Festival this year were quite something...............but not in a good way. :o
the future is Ginger

SMc55

At least I didn't drop my money in one this year - always something to be grateful for, eh?  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

so whadya do hold it the whole time?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SMc55

You try your very best!

If you have to go you find some as far away from the camping area as possible. That was greggy's idea this year. That man's a genius  :D