"How to be a hardcore Jackethead" list

Started by Jims Poncho, Jan 05, 2013, 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Poncho

I remember seeing a list like this a couple years ago. It was stuff like yelling "More reverb!"  Or doing Patrick's clock hands during the end of Run Thru. I remember thinking it was pretty funny but I'm having a hard time finding it. Any help would be much appreciated!  :evil:
Taste the warpaint on my tongue as it's dripping with my sweat

Fully

I'm on my phone so I can't link to it. Search "How to Rock" and you will find it.

ms. yvon

that is stellar!  i hadn't read it before.  kyle i love the "head shaking/disbelief" item.  spot on!  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Fully

I've always loved that thread. I find it interesting to note who the original author of the post was. Things change.

Rizzos Girl

That is a well constructed list and sage advice for all. Shall we have this chiseled into stone for future generations to behold?

ms. yvon

or we can just enlist someone to have it tattooed on their back.  someone tall.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 23, 2013, 12:20 AM
or we can just enlist someone to have it tattooed on their back.  someone tall.

Great idea! I all for this as long as it's not my back (it's too short anyway). :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Fully

Crispy has a tall back. I'm volunteering him for the full back tat!

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 04:55 AM

I'd like to volunteer him too! Three more votes and it's a done deal according to the forum terms of service that we all have read and agreed to.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

justbcuzido

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Jan 23, 2013, 06:59 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 04:55 AM

I'd like to volunteer him too! Three more votes and it's a done deal according to the forum terms of service that we all have read and agreed to.

I am also in agreement here.  :wink: Two more votes.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Crispy

AAGGHHH, no no no! My body is entirely ink-free (unless the chunk of graphite in my palm from that pencil counts) and I'm afraid of pain! All that shit is already known by rote in my brain anyway, so just ask.  :rolleyes:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 11:20 AM
AAGGHHH, no no no! My body is entirely ink-free (unless the chunk of graphite in my palm from that pencil counts) and I'm afraid of pain! All that shit is already known by rote in my brain anyway, so just ask.  :rolleyes:
Okay, what's #34 (Jim's number)?  No peeking!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

#34: Ridiculously direct the band with jazz hands during all hard-rocking songs.

Oh wait, that's from my list, and it's every number. Never mind.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

#34: Ridiculously direct the band with jazz hands during all hard-rocking songs.

Oooh!  So close!

34.) if you can't dance well, dance like a fool.  cuz who fucking cares anyway!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

Oooh!  So close!

Quote34.) if you can't dance well, dance like a fool.  cuz who fucking cares anyway!

For example...

My Morning Jacket - Run Thru [Cobra intro] - Live in Boston NYE [official soundboard mix]

johnnYYac

Is that Fully between you and Rich, Crispy?  I saw Rich going to town, but now I'm seeing some serious head-banging, rail-to-the-forehead bopping from the person to your left.  Don't think its Sara...

Fully

It's me. I thought that's why you posted it to illustrate the dance like a fool part. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2013, 12:10 PM
It's me. I thought that's why you posted it to illustrate the dance like a fool part. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
No, no.  It was all about Crispy, at first.  I'm impressed, fellow 40-something teacher!  I hope the rail was padded!  I'd noticed Rich, too, when the video was first posted on FB.  I haven't seen anything like it since Ant at T5 #5!