Jim James McKittrick Hotel 2/20

Started by wamsankas, Jan 12, 2013, 10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 12, 2013, 04:13 PM
I got my ticket.

I'm sure Sleep No More is a great show but I'm in it for Jim.

I'll see you there.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

paloozajam

Quote from: mudsonjar on Jan 12, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote from: paloozajam on Jan 12, 2013, 03:27 PM
i had dashes throughout my URL...mine ended with -e/ so i removed characters one by one. i didnt have a % anywhere

Interesting. Which browser are you using? Chrome didn't give me any dashes.

IE 9

JaneCool

Got my ticket too. Will be rough mid-week but I'll figure something out.
So, I do believe.....

GO4IT

Anybody know the size or configuration of the space Jim will be playing in?  Seats, standing, balconeering, etc.?

counselor

I assume he'll be playing in the big auditorium in the basement where the big finale scene of Sleep No More takes place.  From what I remember it is all standing room except there is a balcony and some pillars where you can find a place to sit.   It's tiring to walk through Sleep No More for 2+ hours; standing for this show will be on top of that, but I'm sure it will be worth it.  You can also sit in the bar/lounge where maybe they will pipe in or show video of the show. 

Having seen this weird/ strange/ fun/ fascinating show before, and having seen Jim's enthusiastic tweets about it in the past, I'm expecting this to be a very special night.

zutronics

Quote from: mudsonjar on Jan 12, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote from: paloozajam on Jan 12, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote from: mudsonjar on Jan 12, 2013, 02:04 PM
They're definitely on sale now after an easy little trick with the URL. I've sealed up my two tickets already!

some member you are...way to brag and not share the wealth

Correct emails have been sent out already. All that had to be done was remove the %20 at the end of the URL and you get taken to site that is now being pointed to in the new email. I was not sharing it because: 1. I didn't know if their site was ready to handle a ton of traffic and 2. Give the computer suave people a leg up (for about an hour).  :evil: I meant no disrespect.
The guy in charge of the email blast messed up and put a space at the end of the URL in the original email. %20=space

It definitely wasn't working after removing the %20 after the email first went out, as I saw that and immediately tried without it.  They put them on sale sometime later in the day.

Sleep No More is awesome.  It's highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.  I can't imagine a more surreal scene, everyone watching Jim James wearing those creepy masks!

dp74

little help please.  my link is not working. 

can someone send me the link again please?

dP

Jeff Murray

Wish I could do this but I just laid out a bunch of money for a Spring Training trip in March... I'll just have to wait until the solo tour for now...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

ms. yvon

jeff murray i am jealous!  have always wanted to do a spring training trip. maybe this is the year!  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

dylyn

A buddy of mine did the SNM experience and said it was a weird/awesome experience.... this is gonna be gooooooooooood :grin:

EverythingChanges

When is the tour dates going to be listed?  Seems like they are cutting it close if Jim is touring in Feb or March to promote the release.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ericm

Ticket purchased, and now it's  time to get some deetz on a meetup. :wink:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jan 12, 2013, 11:26 PM
Ticket purchased, and now it's  time to get some deetz on a meetup. :wink:  :beer:
Y'all are going to enjoy this so much.

headhunter

I will try to come upwith a good pre-show meetup.  My entry is for 6:00 so maybe 4:00 or 4:30 for those who can make it early.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 13, 2013, 09:23 AM

I will try to come upwith a good pre-show meetup.  My entry is for 6:00 so maybe 4:00 or 4:30 for those who can make it early.

Excellent! Mine is 6:15, and I plan on being in the city in the afternoon. 4:00 should be no problem.

Can't wait, as it'll be almost two months after PC,and way too long between meetups!  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

I just purchased a ticket for 6 PM entry.  Would love to join you all for a pre-show meetup.  I can try to arrive in the city by 4 or so.  Can't wait to see all of you (and Jim) again.

My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 13, 2013, 09:44 AM
I just purchased a ticket for 6 PM entry.  Would love to join you all for a pre-show meetup.  I can try to arrive in the city by 4 or so.  Can't wait to see all of you (and Jim) again.

Cool beans.  :cool:

I knew if you could swing it, you'd be there too. I was going to pm you to ask, but you beat me to it.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 13, 2013, 09:44 AM

Looking forward to sharing the show with you Sir.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jeff Murray

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 12, 2013, 11:06 PM
jeff murray i am jealous!  have always wanted to do a spring training trip. maybe this is the year!  :beer:

This is my 3rd year... it's a good time... we stay in Clearwater Beach and go to the Yanks in Tampa and Phils in Clearwater... a nice break from the winter blues up here in PA.

Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

br00ke

super stoked for this ... got my ticket / 6pm check in as well  :thumbsup: