Reddit AMA with Jim James - Jan 22

Started by Jackets N Pones, Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

congrats on people getting their questions asked, but I wished somebody had asked JJ when he's going to announce tour dates!!

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 23, 2013, 03:29 PM
congrats on people getting their questions asked, but I wished somebody had asked JJ when he's going to announce tour dates!!

This is a total guess but I'm thinking that when the Bonnaroo lineup is released (usually the second week of February) he'll announce his tour dates (that happen to have Bonnaroo on it). I know other bands/artists in the past have held off full tour announcements until after a festival lineup drops.

Fully

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jan 23, 2013, 04:28 PM

This is a total guess but I'm thinking that when the Bonnaroo lineup is released (usually the second week of February) he'll announce his tour dates (that happen to have Bonnaroo on it). I know other bands/artists in the past have held off full tour announcements until after a festival lineup drops.

Since he's already publicly confirmed roo, wouldn't it be some other festival that's holding him back from announcing?

TheThird

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jan 23, 2013, 04:28 PM

(This is probably totally off the mark but...) Isn't there sometimes a restriction on when you can announce tour dates once you've been signed to some of the big name festivals with the theory being that Bonnaroo (for example) doesn't want you to buy a ticket to say Jim's hopeful Ryman show instead of a Roo ticket? Maybe I have that backwards or maybe that's totally made up.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Please let him come to the Ryman (fingers crossed)

robb

I asked about a tour announcement but that one didn't get answered. I tried, at least.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

korief

I got my statement / question answered about Roy Ayers and I've been buzzing ever since.

LeanneP

The Third, that might be true. I know it is super common to put restrictions to how close one can play shows when attached to someone else's show. So, for instance, it's unlikely the Bonnaroo artists will be allowed to play anywhere near that festival area for a couple weeks or months prior to the festival. I'll ask alienlanes, he'd know about this better.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Fully

Bonnaroo is seems like it has a 120 day clause, but it might be 90 days. One of the main reasons I go to roo is because no one who came to roo will play in the area all summer or in the spring.

LeanneP

Alienlanes confirmed that yes, festivals often impose announcement exclusivity clauses in it's artist's contracts in addition to area exclusivity clauses.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.