Posters for Jim's Solo Shows

Started by Angelo, Jan 21, 2013, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Does anyone think posters will be made for Jim's upcoming solo dates in Philly/Brooklyn? Seeing as these may be "warm up" shows I wonder if posters will be made for such small venues, especially Philly.

Thoughts?

mahg33ta

my bet is no, but I don't really know and wouldn't be surprised either way.   I think more likely when he does a bigger tour, he has a single "spring tour" or whatever poster like many bands do when they play smaller venues, with all dates listed.  (see New Multitudes for example)

Angelo

Yeah that makes sense. I sure hope you're wrong though. I saw Wilco in Scranton during their '10 tour and they did the same thing. One little poster with all of the dates at the bottom of it.

itrainmonkeys

Would love posters for these shows. Not expecting them but will be getting there early just in case :)

WinstonLegthigh

I get the feeling that he'll have a solo tour poster for each stop. I didn't think Eddie Vedder would, he did- and this strikes me as a very similar sort of project... Guess we'll see for ourselves before long.

Cameron

i would guess yes.  more ca$h to be made that way.

e_wind

he's done plenty of solo posters in the past...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rusty95

haven't seen a show yet, without a poster.  Shit, Valentines day even had a louisville for lovers print with MMJ on it.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

walterfredo

I can tell you without a doubt which show will definitely have a poster. (and it will be FREE!)

Apples anyone?

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 28, 2013, 05:48 PM
I can tell you without a doubt which show will definitely have a poster. (and it will be FREE!)

Apples anyone?

I've got apples, but would love a copy of that free poster if you or anyone else (at The Fillmore, right) can snag an extra, please.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

Between my wife and myself, we'll have 2.  I'll gladly send one out to NH.  (and I'll try to grab a 3rd for you too, magh33ta)

mahg33ta

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 28, 2013, 06:55 PM
Between my wife and myself, we'll have 2.  I'll gladly send one out to NH.  (and I'll try to grab a 3rd for you too, magh33ta)

It'd be much appreciated WF!

watchtower41

So none of the solo shows have had a poster yet?   :huh:

I kinda find that strange?

e_wind

Quote from: watchtower41 on Apr 04, 2013, 01:42 PM
So none of the solo shows have had a poster yet?   :huh:

I kinda find that strange?

i think, personally, there will be a poster at each show from here on out. all the shows up til now have seemed like "warm up shows"
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...