Jim Nashville 2/1/13

Started by logan5ive, Jan 24, 2013, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I edited out my complaint reference upon reflection. Didn't think you caught it.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigHerm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 24, 2013, 10:23 AM
I edited out my complaint reference upon reflection. Didn't think you caught it.
All good.

I'll be there with yakeroo, win or lose.   :evil:

Let us speculate on locations. I'm thinking The Basement, although I probably wouldn't call it a "special place."

Fully

Maybe it's Carl's house? That would be special or creepy if you just showed up and were stalking. It could be somewhere like a rehearsal space.

yakeroo

Jack White played his first solo show to select fans at Third Man records last year. I believe The Black Keys played a select show to about 40 people at Springwater Supper Club.

e_wind

As not a JW fan, it'd still be cool to be at Third Man (if that's really where JWs psycho creation goes on
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

subinai

the basement at grimeys? or is that too small?

BigHerm

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 AM
As not a JW fan, it'd still be cool to be at Third Man (if that's really where JWs psycho creation goes on

Third Man.

Special Guest is JW. Yes please.

subinai

special guest would probably be carl, right? he lives in nashville

Fully

Special guest could be anyone really. There are so many musicians that live in Nashville. Will Carl still be on tour with TbT? I really hope it isn't The Stone Fox.

robb

How awesome would it be if it was at third man and got recorded?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Mahgeetah34

Special guest is Carl and they play a few songs together before announcing there's a few more folks they'd like to bring out. Out comes Patrick, Tom and Bo and the band plays an open setlist taking out requests from the audience spanning MMJ's entire catalog  :thumbsup:

Sheets Of Clay

If I win I'll take a fellow Roll Call member with the extra. All my casual MMJ fan friends won't appreciate how mind-blowing it will be.

Fully

Absolutely, Sheets of Clay. Why waste this opportunity on someone who doesn't really appreciate it. I've got my fingers crossed and my toes and eyes too just to be on the safe side.

BigHerm

190 entries now, and it's rising slowly now. I'm thinking the max will be 400 entries but will probably end between 300-350.

1 in 6 to 1 in 8 chance. Not too bad.

e_wind

Quote from: BigHerm on Jan 25, 2013, 09:02 AM
190 entries now, and it's rising slowly now. I'm thinking the max will be 400 entries but will probably end between 300-350.

1 in 6 to 1 in 8 chance. Not too bad.

yeah I don't think it'll be rising quite as fast now. I am so nervous.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BigHerm

Same.

You were at Forecastle soundcheck right? Do you think that was more than 100 people? Trying to get an idea of how awesome this will be.

Sheets Of Clay

I wasn't at the Forecastle soundcheck but I was at the one in Atlanta and that was probably around 100 people.

Fully

There were at least three hundred people at Forecastle sound check.

BigHerm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 25, 2013, 01:57 PM
There were at least three hundred people at Forecastle sound check.
This is going to be amazing.

(I really shouldn't do this to myself)

Sheets Of Clay

204 entries now, only 14 for the whole day. Maybe the pool will be less than 250. 1 in 5 isn't the worst odds, I guess.