Jim Nashville 2/1/13

Started by logan5ive, Jan 24, 2013, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Jan 25, 2013, 11:44 PM
204 entries now, only 14 for the whole day. Maybe the pool will be less than 250. 1 in 5 isn't the worst odds, I guess.
I think it closes on Sunday night. Let's hope they don't send out another email or tweet about it. Fingers, toes, and eyes still crossed. Driving, eating, writing getting very difficult.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 PM
If I win I'll take a fellow Roll Call member with the extra. All my casual MMJ fan friends won't appreciate how mind-blowing it will be.

I've tried to get so many of my friends to listen to MMJ.  Some say they like it, but they barely listen to the band.  The only albums they have even touched are EU and maybe Circuital.  I seem to always go out of my way to give them music etc. and they decide that mumford/black keys are more worth their time. 
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Fully

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 26, 2013, 10:01 AM
If I win I'll take a fellow Roll Call member with the extra. All my casual MMJ fan friends won't appreciate how mind-blowing it will be.

I've tried to get so many of my friends to listen to MMJ.  Some say they like it, but they barely listen to the band.  The only albums they have even touched are EU and maybe Circuital.  I seem to always go out of my way to give them music etc. and they decide that mumford/black keys are more worth their time.

You really don't want to waste the experience of something this special on people like that. I've got tons of those people in my life too, and there's no way I would bring any of them with me if I am so lucky as to get chosen. That's why this forum is so special to me. Being around even if it's cyberspace people like y'all is a huge pleasure.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2013, 10:33 AM

You really don't want to waste the experience of something this special on people like that. I've got tons of those people in my life too, and there's no way I would bring any of them with me if I am so lucky as to get chosen. That's why this forum is so special to me. Being around even if it's cyberspace people like y'all is a huge pleasure.

What she said!   :cool:    :thumbsup:

I'm pulling for ya Beth, and have my fingers, and toes crossed too.  :wink: sending some Jersey Shore vibes out there into the ethos to have you get picked.
"Where's Jim going?"

e_wind

Yeah that's pretty rad.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jan 26, 2013, 10:41 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2013, 10:33 AM

What she said!   :cool:    :thumbsup:

I'm pulling for ya Beth, and have my fingers, and toes crossed too.  :wink: sending some Jersey Shore vibes out there into the ethos to have you get picked.

Thanks, EricM! I'm sure to get picked now!!!

korief

Same here. I like how we take care of our forum friends.

pattilovesmmj

I wish everyone here luck!  I hope I win, but whoever wins...have a wonderful time.  I keep listening to Know til now....and smiling...........

Good Luck Roll Callers!

Mr. White

I haven't won many things by way of a drawing, but it would be the greatest thing in the world for me if I did win!

Also, I was just wondering...will copies of the album be available for purchase at this show? It would only be 4 days early...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mahgeetah34

I would LOVE to attend this show, but that's all dependant on whether Yakeroo wins or not. Since we go to the same shows anyway, he bought a Roll Call membership while I got a membership to Jack White's Vault. They helped us achieve front row at Forecastle + Alpharetta and for Jack White in Chattanooga. Let's hope not many more entries are tossed in over the weekend. Good luck to everyone!  :smiley:   

yakeroo

36 hours folks! I am guessing there will be about 250 entries. Ugh that leaves an 80% chance of rain.

Yeah a lot of my old friends will listen to OBH or I'm Amazed and that is it. I think if they ever caught a live show, they would be hooked.

yakeroo

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jan 26, 2013, 02:43 PM
I would LOVE to attend this show, but that's all dependant on whether Yakeroo wins or not. Since we go to the same shows anyway, he bought a Roll Call membership while I got a membership to Jack White's Vault. They helped us achieve front row at Forecastle + Alpharetta and for Jack White in Chattanooga. Let's hope not many more entries are tossed in over the weekend. Good luck to everyone!  :smiley:

Ha how about you get a Roll Call and strengthen my chances! If we do not win maybe some winners will be willing to sneak us in a la little rascal style.

Mr. White

Quote from: subinai on Jan 24, 2013, 12:44 PM
the basement at grimeys? or is that too small?

I just checked their Interweb site, and they had the following posted for Friday, February 1, 2013: All Them Witches w/Slick, Velvet Elvis and Justin and the Cosmics
$5/ 900pm
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: yakeroo on Jan 26, 2013, 03:06 PM
Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jan 26, 2013, 02:43 PM

Ha how about you get a Roll Call and strengthen my chances! If we do not win maybe some winners will be willing to sneak us in a la little rascal style.

I really like the Little Rascal idea  :thumbsup:

Mahgeetah34

So Grimeys is eliminated? Well Third Man it is! Maybe its the back alley of the Ryman haha. I'd like to know where its at so Yakeroo and I can get the building blueprints and sneak in through the ventilation ducts.

So how's the contest work? 50 lucky individuals are selected on Monday and you have all 50 buy tickets at the door? What if someone selected can't make it??   

Sheets Of Clay

Well only 6 more entries today for a total of 210, so I guess the odds are just over 1 in 4. If it was 1 in 8 I'd be OK with losing, but 1 in 4 is gonna be heartbreaking.

e_wind

It'll be heartbreaking, yeah... But a full Jim your  will surely include a proper Nashville show for all you locals.

It smells like diapers where I am right now.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 27, 2013, 01:23 AM
It'll be heartbreaking, yeah... But a full Jim your  will surely include a proper Nashville show for all you locals.

It smells like diapers where I am right now.
Did you write when you were in the bathroom or did you go babysit after you left all the dj-ing? Also, I am going to be so sad if I don't get to go. I wish we could all win.

mahg33ta

I just have to say- good luck to all who want to win this!  I'd be so stressed out over this system if I was trying to go.   It's like the nervousness of a ticket sale, but stretched out over days instead of minutes.

slappymoe

211 entries, but might as well be 210, 'cause i never---ever---win anything.  there could be just 51 entries and i guarantee i'd be the one left out. :cry:

or maybe i'm due.