Jim James -- Live in Toronto at the Phoenix -- 4/24/2013

Started by oistheone, Apr 18, 2013, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Y'all have fun tonight!

Keep us posted with the encore setlist!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

johnnYYac

Quote from: mumblingmouse on Apr 23, 2013, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have the early entry info for tomorrow?  I realized I hadn't gotten an email about it and when I tried logging into my Roll Call account I found it had expired three days ago, with no warning or renewal notification!   :undecided:
I've received no word on early entry for this show, and not all venues are working with Roll Call or if all seats are reserved, there's no real point.  Enjoy and report back.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

korief

I was there last night. It was a good show, solid. A couple strange moments when Jim was off-stage for a few minutes while the others jammed. I hadn't really seen that before.

The encore began with "Wonderful" (which I think I've now heard at 95% of the shows I've been to). Then he did a Monsters of Folk block with all 'his' songs including "Dear God," "Master's Voice," etc. It was weird to hear Dear God with Jim singing all the parts.

I have no idea what the last song was. There was a lady near me who knew all the words though so I assume it was a forum member.

Canadian folks sure are nice.

LeanneP

Such a GREAT show! 

Encore:
Wonderful
Dear God
Right Place
His Master's Voice
Losing Yo Head
Changing World

(Wrote this last night after the show, apparently forgot to push "Post" and fell asleep instead!)
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

LeanneP

Korief, that might have been me if you were stage centre about 5 people or so back :)

The song was Changing World, the last track on New Multitudes. You should pick that album up. It's fantastic.

LeanneP

Oistheone - great video!  Looks like you were about 10 feet to the left of me and a few feet back. 

You can see in this vid that Dave messes up the rhythm at first and it takes a moment for him to get it right. The band were all laughing at him about it. Great vibe in this band!

korief

Yup that was you  :smiley: Sorry I didn't say hi.

I actually drove up from Rochester NY after work (arrived at 9:15), saw the show, and then drove back home. Got home about 4:30 am and up at 7:00 to get the kids to school and my ass to work. But it was worth it.

LeanneP

Dude, were you solo but talking to a couple of guys about Further, and the shows coming up this summer?  One guy had a ball cap, one was really tall taking notes and one had grey hair (but, you know, in a manly kind of "I went grey at 30" kind of way).

Mr. White

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 25, 2013, 12:38 AM
I enjoyed the hell out of this show!!!

Here's a clip of Losin Yo Head:

Jim James -- Losin Yo Head -- Live at the Phoenix, Toronto, April 24 2013

The picture and sound are really good! Do you have more that you could post?
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

justbcuzido

Quote from: LeanneP on Apr 25, 2013, 01:03 PM
Such a GREAT show! 

Encore:
Wonderful
Dear God
Right Place
His Master's Voice
Losing Yo Head
Changing World

(Wrote this last night after the show, apparently forgot to push "Post" and fell asleep instead!)

Thanks!

So aside from one other show (which had Bermuda Highway as well), the encore has basically been the same? Still not complaining about that though.

Heres hoping for "hopefully"
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

PJ Sparks

Anybody have any idea what music they were playing before Jim took the stage?

LeanneP

It was a mix but it had a liberal dose of "Like A Ship (Without A Sail)" by Pastor TL Barret and the Youth For Christ Orchestra.