ROLL CALL - Jim James 4/27/13, Union Transfer, Philly

Started by Jeff Murray, Jan 30, 2013, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmooney99

bartel

Quote from: dmooney99 on Apr 27, 2013, 03:38 PM
see everyone in a few hours.  :smiley:

hey dave... you know who this is.. just think australian living in NJ and a PJ fan and you will know.. anyway how was the show last night... bummed to miss it..

johnnYYac

So, apparently last night's JJ show in Philly left everyone... speechless?  No details?  No photos?  No video?   :huh:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MrWhippy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 28, 2013, 02:22 PM
So, apparently last night's JJ show in Philly left everyone... speechless?  No details?  No photos?  No video?   :huh:

Maybe it's still happening.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 28, 2013, 02:22 PM

Pretty much, yeah.. We emptied our collective tanks inside UnionTransfer   :wink:  no pics  or vids from me. I gotta live in the moment.  :grin:

It was a late Saturday night in Philly with Jim hitting the stage around 10:10-10:15, and ending sound 12:20!

Show was a hot one though with Jim definitely in a celebratory mood. He talked about people all over town calling out from cars wishing him a happy b-day, complete with imitating their different  voices, and humor.  :cool: asked us to let it all out with him in a deep gut howl, held some wild funny face poses for a bit,and someone even handed him a cake at the very start. A little happy birthday singing,and shout outs, but a bigger birthday chant. A Ha-ppy birth-day, clap, clap, clapclapclap type of thing. Pretty cool, and fun,IMO.

Totally dug the encore more this time around than last, and so glad he changed it. I thought the band was super tight,and really hitting it's stride. Curious to see if they add or change anything up as they work their way through the rest of the tour. A bit envious of those going to an upcoming show,and wish I had another, but definitely grateful for seeing the few I have. Such a great show! 

So cool to get to hang with everyone again, and meet some peeps  for the first time too.  :thumbsup: can't wait to do it again over the summer. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

jonmayo15

ericm

Quote from: jonmayo15 on Apr 28, 2013, 04:05 PM
What was the encore setlist?

Here's the whole thing.

Jim James @ Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
April 27, 2013

STATE OF THE ART
KNOW TIL NOW
DEAR ONE
A NEW LIFE
EXPLODING
OF THE MOTHER AGAIN
ACTRESS
ALL IS FORGIVEN
GOD'S LOVE
-----
BERMUDA HIGHWAY
WONDERFUL
DEAR GOD
HIS MASTER'S VOICE
RIGHT PLACE
LOSING YO HEAD
CHANGING WORLD
"Where's Jim going?"

Ruckus

It was real cool to see a lot of old faces and meet some new.  I was running on fumes and jet lagged after over 24 hours of travel with little sleep but making the trip to Philly was definitely worth it.  I really enjoyed Jim's first set when he wasn't trying to finger people.  I don't get it.  Highlights were Know til Now and Dear One and easily the best part for me was the conclusion of All is Forgiven with the double time jungleish beat with the sax that reminded me of Prodigy meets Pharoah Sanders.  That was awesome!  The extended outro to God's Love got a little tedious for me and wish that it was tightened up or had more changes in it.

Bermuda Highway sounded great even with all the dudes screaming the song word for word behind me.  Hey at least they were all on key :beer:  I didn't hit the MOF tour but I enjoyed that arrangement of Master's Voice.  I escaped the pit after The Right Place knowing my kryptonite, Losin Yo' Head, was on its way.  That and Right Place I find to be pretty awful songs.  I enjoyed Changing World from afar and it was awesome!  Man do they rock it out. 

Some highs, some lows but all in all a damn fine time and good show.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

dmooney99

Angelo

It's obvious Jim really enjoys Philly based off how often he plays there, but his love for the city had to have grown even stronger based off the love he was shown last night. Cake, noisemakers, birthday hats, signs, it was a great night and Jim really fed off the crowd.

The encore was the highlight for me, especially Changing World...and Losin Yo Head.

Fully

Dmooney, I like your pics and vids! Great job even if the cake people took your rail spot. Those cake bastards.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Apr 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
Dmooney, I like your pics and vids! Great job even if the cake people took your rail spot. Those cake bastards.

I hear ya Fully. If you're gonna bring a cake, bring enough for everybody! :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

dmooney99

Quote from: ericm on Apr 28, 2013, 07:48 PM

I hear ya Fully. If you're gonna bring a cake, bring enough for everybody! :wink:

:grin: it's all good.  The one guy I met (dude in the Astros hat, sorry i forget your name  :embarrassed:) he had some good pics as well I think.  Nicer camera and was right in front of me.

The rest of my pics on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201224758760441.1073741829.1215349733&type=1&comment_id=6729389&offset=0&total_comments=3&notif_t=photo_album_comment

FiddleCastro

Quote from: dmooney99 on Apr 28, 2013, 08:44 PM
Quote from: ericm on Apr 28, 2013, 07:48 PM

:grin: it's all good.  The one guy I met (dude in the Astros hat, sorry i forget your name  :embarrassed:) he had some good pics as well I think.  Nicer camera and was right in front of me.

The rest of my pics on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201224758760441.1073741829.1215349733&type=1&comment_id=6729389&offset=0&total_comments=3&notif_t=photo_album_comment

Ha that was me! Here's a link to some of the pictures I took. I didn't have a chance to go through all of them.

http://blog.mahgeetah.com/post/49109273082/jim-james-union-transfer-4-27-13-philadelphia-pa
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Penny Lane

great videos and pics, dmooney--great to finally meet ya.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Fully

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Apr 29, 2013, 10:56 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 29, 2013, 10:30 AM

^This is one of the best pictures I've seen of this show. LOVE IT!!! :kiss: :kiss:

Thanks, Beth! not bad for an iphone and a shaky hand..lighting was great but the sound was terrible...many many issues..