"Love for Levon" on AXS TV Sunday, February 17 @ 8pm ET

Started by johnnYYac, Feb 15, 2013, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Some of the biggest names in music gathered to honor one of the most influential musicians of our time and for the first time you can see the amazing concert on TV! The Love for Levon benefit concert pays tribute to the incomparable Levon Helm, drummer and vocalist for The Band. The star-studded, legendary lineup includes Roger Waters, Lucinda Williams, Grace Potter, John Mayer, Gregg Allman, My Morning Jacket, Dierks Bentley, Robert Randolph, The Levon Helm Band, and many, many more.

AXS TV Concerts: Love for Levon - A Benefit To Save The Barn PREMIERES February 17th on AXS TV

This show is a once-in-a-lifetime event for a once-in-a-lifetime individual. Tune in for the PREMIERE of Love For Levon – A Benefit To Save The Barn Sunday, February 17th at 8p ET only on AXS TV. AXS TV Concerts is giving some lucky viewers the chance to win a copy of this awesome concert, find out how HERE: http://bit.ly/Y8wbsX

Go here to see if you can get AXS TV.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

itrainmonkeys

Yup. When someone posted the Amazon link for the DVD I got excited. Ordering the Blu Ray shortly.

BH

This has been really great so far.   The sound is great and all the performances are top notch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tdb810

It was an amazing show! Just really, really special.  So glad everyone else gets to see it now too!! And props to my girl for YNWA for hooking me up with my ticket and being my date for the evening!
.....Back at the Model Home

Mr. White

I missed this before, but it is scheduled to repeat in just 1 hour (1:00 am Feb. 18th).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

headhunter

Watched it last night.  truly awesome.  Many great performances but I'm not biased when I say that MMJ were truly the royalty of the night.  3 fantastic performances.  Nice to see them recognized by their peers as the special band that they are.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

bartel

Quote from: headhunter on Feb 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
Watched it last night.  truly awesome.  Many great performances but I'm not biased when I say that MMJ were truly the royalty of the night.  3 fantastic performances.  Nice to see them recognized by their peers as the special band that they are.

anyone recorded it and want to put it on youtube  :cool:

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: bartel on Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 AM

You can buy it on Amazon. I recommend doing that as I'm sure the band would want that as well. The proceeds go to support Levon Helm's family and the barn they used for the Midnight Ramble sessions.

johnnYYac

Yeah, because this will be commercially available (you can pre-order it now), any links posted to the video download will be removed.  I try to be careful to avoid posting audio and video links to stuff available for sale, as we need to support MMJ and their efforts.

I watched the three tunes with MMJ (and R. Waters) last night and they are exceptional.  I haven't seen the rest, but word on the street is that MMJ were a highlight of the evening (no surprise here).  I was really impressed with some spotlight moments with Carl and Bo, plus Jim's solid vocals and the overall tightness and musicianship of MMJ. 

BH

Grace Potter's version of I Shall Be Released and Roger Waters doing Wide River to Cross with Amy Helm were highlights for me.   (Besides MMJ of course)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Feb 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
Grace Potter's version of I Shall Be Released and Roger Waters doing Wide River to Cross with Amy Helm were highlights for me.   (Besides MMJ of course)
Yeah, I fast-forwarded through to get the MMJ bits and stopped for Grace Potter, as I heard it was impressive... and it was.  More than just a pretty face.

Clarkwork

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down was AMAZING.  As a kid my dad would play this one over and over. I loved that song. To see Roger and MMJ perform it was just a great surprise.  MMJ killed it as per usual.  Kind of neat hearing my dad's favorite song by his favorite band being covered by my favorite band :)
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: Clarkwork on Feb 18, 2013, 07:41 PM
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down was AMAZING.  As a kid my dad would play this one over and over. I loved that song. To see Roger and MMJ perform it was just a great surprise.  MMJ killed it as per usual.  Kind of neat hearing my dad's favorite song by his favorite band being covered by my favorite band :)

I can relate to this story. I know if my dad was still alive he would be a HUGE MMJ Fan. I like to think he is jamming out to them up above!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

bartel

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Feb 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
Quote from: bartel on Feb 18, 2013, 10:39 AM

You can buy it on Amazon. I recommend doing that as I'm sure the band would want that as well. The proceeds go to support Levon Helm's family and the barn they used for the Midnight Ramble sessions.

didn't know it was already available.. thanks.

BH

email from my dad this morning....

I watched the Levon concert and really enjoyed your Morning Jacket guys. Thanks again for the tip.

headhunter

Quote from: BH on Feb 20, 2013, 12:13 PM

I watched the Levon concert and really enjoyed your Morning Jacket guys. Thanks again for the tip.

nice!     :thumbsup:
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Clarkwork

Quote from: BH on Feb 20, 2013, 12:13 PM

I am sending a copy to my dad to watch. His favorite bands are CCR and The Band. I think he will dig MMJ.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Fully

This is being replayed today on AXS tv at 5:45pm EST. if anyone wants to watch.