Is this board dying a slow death?

Started by Tracy 2112, Feb 18, 2013, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jaimoe

Seems to be. Maybe boards are all kinda going that way.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

The forum seemed like it was at it's peak when I joined in 2006. I used to laugh quite a bit at a lot of shit that was posted way back then, I don't get that from here too often anymore. Fully is pretty much the only funny person now. The positive is there was some real pricks that don't come here anymore either.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fully

Maybe it's just getting slower because the band is on hiatus. I know Jim's touring, but that isn't quite exactly the same thing. Or maybe we are really assholes? I dont think it's recovered from switching back to the old forum, and even though many people have come back, they aren't on here very often. Maybe as Jim's tour starts, it will enliven or maybe I'll just start reading the Deadhead thread. I think it will take me until the next Jacket comes out to get through that entire thread.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: Fully on Feb 18, 2013, 06:11 PM
Maybe it's just getting slower because the band is on hiatus. I know Jim's touring, but that isn't quite exactly the same thing. Or maybe we are really assholes? I dont think it's recovered from switching back to the old forum, and even though many people have come back, they aren't on here very often. Maybe as Jim's tour starts, it will enliven or maybe I'll just start reading the Deadhead thread. I think it will take me until the next Jacket comes out to get through that entire thread.

I agree that some of the drop off is probably due to the lack of excitement coming out of the MMJ camp at this moment, outside of Jim's solo jaunt.  I'm sort of the same way on the Pearl Jam boards, with their long tour and album hiatus I've fallen off posting there and only poke my nose there to see what's going on once in a while.  I'm sure it will pick back up once Jim's shows start up and then the rumors of new albums and tours will kick back in soon after that.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

e_wind

in all seriousness, it never did fully recover from the old-new-board.  before that, and even further back, I felt like there was a hell of a lot more friendly conversation and community around here. now it's almost robomatronic. it's become almost fan-boy-ish

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 18, 2013, 08:44 PM
in all seriousness, it never did fully recover from the old-new-board.  before that, and even further back, I felt like there was a hell of a lot more friendly conversation and community around here. now it's almost robomatronic. it's become almost fan-boy-ish

Nice sig, there Windermere.  :tongue:

zanjam

Fully is pretty much the only funny person now.  Awesome.
anything + reverb always = better

johnnYYac

This bums me out, but its true.  I don't post here as much anymore... probably explains the decline.

:drum:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

This was definitely my first foray into online chat and dialogue.  In fact, I was completely paranoid about even joining, let alone posting initially. As I got more comfortable here, I think I got more ok with the idea of facebook.  Speaking for myself, I think the FB thing has spoiled me a bit in terms of the instant gratification that I crave. 

I don't think it needs to be "dead" and I certainly think that during peak show times, different threads will heat up.  I just think it's not what it once was, and that's ok.  I also think we are all so inundated with so many forms of electronic communication, that it's really kind of difficult to just keep up. 

Well, that's my 2 cents.  Now I have to go check my email/twitter/facebook/instagram and games.   :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

would it help if i started the johnny quaid hair thread back up? would it?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

Some assholes are killing this board. Sounds like I'm joking, but it's true.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 19, 2013, 09:49 AM
Some assholes are killing this board. Sounds like I'm joking, but it's true.

Are there assholes here? I know about 4 years ago I quit the board (along with about 10 strong members who were here at the start) b/c it was rampant with assholes. These days there just seems to be little interest.

e_wind

I'm talking about TJFA, not real assholes. Hell sticky is gone, Dylan is gone, and you hardly post... Not many assholes left.

But really, the conversation has just moved to TJFA.

Fully

I seem to come here for nerd fangirl/boy talk, to the assholes for silliness and twitter to promote things. It seems like each form of social media is getting it's own purpose.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
I'm talking about TJFA, not real assholes. Hell sticky is gone, Dylan is gone, and you hardly post... Not many assholes left.

Oh, assholes! I thought you meant assholes.  :wink:

walterfredo

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 19, 2013, 10:32 AM

OK, no idea what you're talking about.  I had to google TJFA.... is the Teesside Junior Football Alliance really the problem?

CC

oh no, always that damn Teesside Junior Football Alliance! they tried to steal some members back in 2001 but we all stuck together and survived. I know they all look cute in their shorts and stuff but please don't trust the Teesside Junior Football Alliance. they will lure you into their hometown of Middlesbrough, where the sun don't ever shine, and there's really no way back. don't truss em!

Fully

Quote from: CC Baxter on Feb 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
oh no, always that damn Teesside Junior Football Alliance! they tried to steal some members back in 2001 but we all stuck together and survived. I know they all look cute in their shorts and stuff but please don't trust the Teesside Junior Football Alliance. they will lure you into their hometown of Middlesbrough, where the sun don't ever shine, and there's really no way back. don't truss em!

Ruh roh.