Main Menu

Sigur Ros

Started by Shug, Feb 22, 2013, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Has anybody seen Sigur Ros lately?  I was way into them 10 years ago, but never got to see them live.  They are coming around soon and I was wondering if they are still good live.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Ob1jacobe

i have been listening to them a lot recently.  Kind of new discovery for me.  Love Agaetis Byrjun!

There last album was solid too.  I missed them in Dallas and regret it.  Go see them and let me know what i missed  :thumbsup:

LeanneP

I only saw them about 10 years ago  :huh:  Not much help, I guess, but they didn't strike me as a band that would perform worse. If you dig the tunes, I'd say take the leap of faith. They were pretty awesome live when I did see them, of course. I'd love to see 'em again.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Shug

Thanks!  I've heard nothing but good stuff about them from folks I've asked.  I'm gonna go.

e-stone

i've seen them every time they've come thru colorado which spans i think 3 shows since 2002.  they are phenomenal live and they don't come around often enough to even think about skipping a show (despite not even loving the last album and seriously uninspired venue choices this tour). 

they are touring with an expanded band, new light show and playing a few new "more aggressive" songs this go round too -- their show is always a visual/audio feast.  definitely go!

sigur rós live 2013 on Vimeo

edit:  seem to be having issues with vimeo?  check this video:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/#tickets

Shug

Everything Changes,  weren't you asking about other bands to get into?  Given your love of Pink Floyd and kinda getting a sense of your tastes (Steam Engine, Dondate, epic jams that build, etc) seems like Sigur Ros would be right up your alley, if you don't already know about them.