technology vs none?

Started by pattilovesmmj, Mar 11, 2013, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattilovesmmj

So for the past few days I have been thinking about how Forecastle tied in to Jims new song "State of the art":
The sound check had to be cancelled because of the weather.  However, the band came out and played anyway.  Jim had his guitar, and one of the guys had a tamborine (I think). So the point being that technology is great, but when all is said and done, if you don't have it, you still get to hear the band acoustically. :cool:

johnnYYac

And thank goodness for that!  I wonder how many other bands have the comfort level to play an un-rehearsed acoustic set when the "power's going out"?  I'm reminded, too, of the Kahbang Fest last year, where Patrick got sick and the rest of the guys managed without him.  I guess it really speaks to their talents and how well they play together that they can adjust to the unforseen...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 11, 2013, 11:12 AM
And thank goodness for that!  I wonder how many other bands have the comfort level to play an un-rehearsed acoustic set when the "power's going out"?  I'm reminded, too, of the Kahbang Fest last year, where Patrick got sick and the rest of the guys managed without him.  I guess it really speaks to their talents and how well they play together that they can adjust to the unforseen...
You are so right you know?  I've seen alot of bands over alot of years, but this band manages to bring everything to the next level and then some.......... :cheesy: