Show off your non-MMJ framed posters

Started by Angelo, Mar 24, 2013, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

I didn't see an existing thread. I don't have many worth showing off at the moment but I'm sure most of you folks have plenty. I want to see them. But first here's one of mine. I don't have a pic of my favorite yet, I'll post that one another time.

Bonus points for whomever guesses what every letter represents.

he.who.forgets

W:  "We the people..."
IL:  Phillies
C: Campbells Soup
O: I'm stumped but it looks like a zero or something from a sports jersey

Angelo

Yeah the O seems to be the most difficult one to get. Certainly was for me. You got the others though.

ericm

It kind of reminds me of the Spectrum for some reason. Looks similar to the S used in print adverts, posters, tix etc,for it.  Nothing to do with an O, except they're both round, but the look of that O reminds me of it.
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

I believe the O is supposed to be from Geno's sign, though it's not exactly the same shape, but obviously neon-inspired.

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 25, 2013, 10:36 PM
I believe the O is supposed to be from Geno's sign, though it's not exactly the same shape, but obviously neon-inspired.

Ah yes. That does look like it.

Never been to Genos, but I  do like the DOI, and Campbell's Soup. :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Mar 25, 2013, 11:03 PM
Never been to Genos, but I  do like the DOI, and Campbell's Soup. :wink:

Yeah, I don't like the Phils either, and I went to Pat's on my only trip there (yes, I am a tourist).
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Angelo

Well done, Crispy. I really dislike the Phils, I dislike every pro Philly team except the 76ers. This is the only Phillies related item allowed in my house. And the cheesesteak thing is worn to death, there's so many better sandwiches down there! But it's all so iconic and makes for one of my favorite posters in my collection.

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 25, 2013, 11:26 PM
Well done, Crispy. I really dislike the Phils, I dislike every pro Philly team except the 76ers. This is the only Phillies related item allowed in my house. And the cheesesteak thing is worn to death, there's so many better sandwiches down there! But it's all so iconic and makes for one of my favorite posters in my collection.

It is a pretty cool poster, Angelo. I like the creativity behind it, and would hang it too, but that said, the show was in Jersey right?  :wink: Don't get why the poster is mostly Philly themed even though they did throw us a bone with the Campbell's soup "C".  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Quote from: ericm on Mar 26, 2013, 12:09 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Mar 25, 2013, 11:26 PM

It is a pretty cool poster, Angelo. I like the creativity behind it, and would hang it too, but that said, the show was in Jersey right?  :wink: Don't get why the poster is mostly Philly themed even though they did throw us a bone with the Campbell's soup "C".  :grin:

Touche, Eric, touche. My best guess is if the artists chose to only use Camden icons I'd still be waiting in line to purchase a poster!  :tongue:

Colfax

My favorite band (PHiSH) at my favorite venue (Hollywood Bowl). I was 3rd row in the pool.

Magical night.

Colfax

also, if you get to Philly, eat at Pat's across the street from Geno's.

Far superior.