NFL Thread 2013

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 25, 2013, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Honey Badger stops a Jared Cook TD

Honey badger don't care if Carlos Dansby got beat; Honey Badger just takes what he wants
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

BH

Honey Badger still lost.   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Sep 09, 2013, 05:44 PM
Honey Badger still lost.   

Honey Badger don't care

capt. scotty

Yeah, as a Steelers fan, I think Im in for the longest year I can recall
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 09, 2013, 10:37 AM
Tracy, I'm bummed a friend of mine has 16 tix to Pats v. Saints on Oct. 13.  He bought a block of seats to reward his employees and someone couldn't go, so they offered it to me gratis.  All I have to do is fly to Foxboro from Iowa City.  Not gonna happen.  You have any frequent flyer miles?  :wink:

You know, if the game was the next 2 Sundays I will be in New England and could go!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 11, 2013, 10:23 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 09, 2013, 10:37 AM
Tracy, I'm bummed a friend of mine has 16 tix to Pats v. Saints on Oct. 13.  He bought a block of seats to reward his employees and someone couldn't go, so they offered it to me gratis.  All I have to do is fly to Foxboro from Iowa City.  Not gonna happen.  You have any frequent flyer miles?  :wink:

You know, if the game was the next 2 Sundays I will be in New England and could go!
Damn, I would've tried to hook you up.  I really want to go, but I'm missing a funeral in NH next week so coming a month later for a football game sees a bit crass.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

My Pats played Thursday. I've got Sunday Ticket. What game(s) should I watch today?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

joey_rogo

DAL/KC and WSH/GB seem like good ones at 1pm. And at 4, you should watch JAX/OAK, you know... for the lulz.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ManNamedTruth

Michael Smith of ESPN mentioned today that Terrelle Pryor looks like Michael from The Wire. What do you think?

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Crispy

Uncanny! Let's hope nobody asks him how their hair looks.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Haha, yeah, Pryor definitely looks like Michael Lee.

Man, I never thought the Steelers would be this bad while Roethlisberger was still around, let alone still in his prime. Im almost positive we'll be getting a Top 5 pick. Honestly not too sad about that because I thought coming into the year this Steelers team had no chance to beat Denver or NE - almost definitely on the road - in the playoffs. With the emergence of teams like Indy, KC, Miami, and the overall improvement of the AFC (I believe 17-5 vs the NFC so far), Id rather get a stud draft pick than end up 9-7 and not even make the playoffs.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

The way the AFC North is playing out, 9-7 might just be good enough to win that division.  Cleveland already has a win vs. Cincy.  Baltimore hasn't looked that great outside of their beat-down of Houston.  And Rothlisberger has already declared your Steelers as the worst team in football, although the Giants might have something to say about that...  :grin:

Saw you mentioned something about the Richardson trade in the Current Joys thread so I figured my response was more fitting in here.

I was never really a fan of drafting Richardson that high to begin with.  If you look at recent Super Bowl winners, most of them did it with a relatively unknown running back.  This is because the running back is no longer the focal point of the offenses in the NFL. 

And then you have the fact that Richardson averaged about 3 ypc during his time in Cleveland and had yet to break a run for more than 10 yards in their first two games.  And he's coming off of a 60 yard performance on 20 carries last week for Indy which is right at 3 ypc...  Shocking!   :rolleyes:

One thing I was worried about was the fact that we really didn't have anyone to fill in for Richardson, but they went out and signed McGahee which looks like it might be an ok signing.

As for what we got for the trade, I'm just happy its a first round pick.  I
might have been pissed had we gotten a 2nd and multiple later round picks.  Now I just have to root for the Colts to start losing, but the way their playing, it looks like it will be a late first round pick at best...

capt. scotty

I think it was a good trade for both teams. When you are in the state of the current Browns, you cant use 1st round picks on RBs. So, it was a smart move for them, although that pick I have a feeling is going to be in the 20's and those players are no guarantee. Im interested to see if they actually trade Gordon or not. I doubt they would take less than a 2nd for him since that's what they used to get him, but Im not sure teams will pay that price considering he is a bong rip away from a 1 year suspension. I think he is a potential Top 15 WR and legit though.

Colts had a glaring need for a RB. Just this week it already paid off with Bradshaw being out. Im not sure Trent will turn out to be the best RB since All Day, but I think he will continue to improve if he can stay healthy. He's also on a very cheap contract for a few years.

iLikeBeer

Yeah.  I agree that it was a win for both teams.  I think the Colts probably will end up paying more of the correct market value if that pick ends up in the 20's.  Honestly, unless a rb has the potential of an AP, you are crazy to draft a rb in the top 10 if you ask me.

Gordon is a tough one.  He is a stud and IMO, has been a big reason the Browns have won their last 2 games (defense is the #1 reason).  He's a difference maker and he's also probably making Brandon Weeden wish he never got hurt.  Personally, I cant think of another player since the Browns have been back that has the potential that Gordon has shown so far.  But the guy can't stay clean and the prospect of losing him for a year would be a huge blow for the Browns.  Personally, I think he's worth the risk and I would hire a professional baby sitter to make sure he didn't fuck up anymore. 

capt. scotty

Jordan Cameron is crushing for my fantasy football team as well!  :bath:

Jackets N Pones

mons

PATS all the way. Heinous ending to today's game, though.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 06, 2013, 02:03 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 06, 2013, 12:48 PM
A LUCK for MVP in 2013

Not if Payton keeps having performances like he did last night...  :shocked:

COLTS

Hope Reggie is ok though...

ericm

Stress free Sunday.   :thumbsup: The Giants have a bye. :wink: 

Go Chargers, Raiders, and Vikings.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"