were you pulling for Tampa as well :grin: :rolleyes:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ericm

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Nov 04, 2013, 11:36 AM
Quote from: ericm on Nov 03, 2013, 09:20 AM
Stress free Sunday.   :thumbsup: The Giants have a bye. :wink: 

Go Chargers, Raiders, and Vikings.  :beer:

were you pulling for Tampa as well :grin: :rolleyes:

Nah, I figure them, Jax,and the Vikings have the top picks locked up already.  :grin: besides with the god awful NFC East, it's crazy to say but the Giants aren't out of that race! I won't be getting my hopes up though til after this upcoming three game home stand. Not counting on it but if they win those three, it'll make for a fun,and interesting finish to the season.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ericm on Nov 04, 2013, 12:03 PMbesides with the god awful NFC East, it's crazy to say but the Giants aren't out of that race! I won't be getting my hopes up though til after this upcoming three game home stand. Not counting on it but if they win those three, it'll make for a fun,and interesting finish to the season.

You aren't crazy eric.  Dallas has shit the bed when they could have put this race to bed a while ago?!  Dallas could easily be 7-2 or even 8-1 right now and sitting pretty with a 3-4 game lead on the division but instead have blown games with KC, Denver and Detroit leaving the division very much up in the air.

As for your G-men, they have lowly Oakland at home, now Rogers-less Green Bay the next week and Dallas after that.  Meanwhile, Dallas has a roadie with NO, the always challenging BYE and then a roadie at your G-men.  If NY sweeps those 3 and Dallas loses their next two, the Gints are only 1/2 game back of Dallas. 

Speaking of bad divisions, the AFC North could be equally bad.  Funny how last year, these 2 divisions were regarded as two of the best are now two of the worst.  But I gotta say I love seeing my Brownies above BOTH the Steelers and the Ravens in the standing this late in the season!   :thumbsup:  Cleveland is also still very alive thanks to Cincy's choke job in Miami.  And the Browns also have a bye to prepare for their next game which just so happens to be against those Bungles!   :beer:

ericm

I like the way you think,Beer.  :thumbsup:

I've ran through those scenarios in my head too, but I'm not going to think too far ahead. At this point it's one game at a time for me. They still need to take care of their own business, and play better. They've started to, and hopefully can build on it. There's still some real talent on this team with championship pedigree, and coaching. They've gone on runs before, so who knows?  Thankfully, as you said, Dalllas has shit the bed and kept this division winnable for any team in it.

"Where's Jim going?"

capt. scotty

I said it earlier in the season, but I never thought I see a Steelers team this bad while Roethlisberger, and Lebeau, were still around.

Giants pretty similar with Eli & Co. No pass rush to speak of has finally exposed their lacking in the back 7.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

Quote from: capt. scotty on Nov 06, 2013, 08:41 PM
I said it earlier in the season, but I never thought I see a Steelers team this bad while Roethlisberger, and Lebeau, were still around.

I'm quite shocked as well.  If there is one thing the Steelers have been great at it is replenishing their roster through the draft, especially along the lines.  But, I don't know how it happened, but suddenly the Steelers are very old and they really don't have any answers to help them out it seems. 

And quite honestly, the Ravens are in the same boat as the Steelers.  And they are a team, with Ozzy Newsome at GM, who have also done an excellent job of replenishing through the draft and free agency.

Meanwhile, the Browns and Bengals have been loading up.  They are young and they have talent and the Browns have a ton of picks in next year's draft as well! 

It has been a loooooong 14 years since the Browns rejoined the NFL back in '99.  One playoff appearance and no playoff wins and pretty much a LOT of wasted high draft picks and a LOT of QB's who never panned out.  But, for the first time, it truly feels that the Browns have figured things out.  They aren't all the way there yet, but there is definitely a sense that things are making a turn for the better in Cleveland!   :thumbsup:

ericm

It wasn't pretty, but I'll take a Giant win no matter what it looks like.  :thumbsup:  :grin:

Even though they've gotten lucky with the qb's they've been facing, the D is improving. Getting Beason was huge, and Will Hill back too. Now if the offense, and special teams coverage start picking it up, they might get on a nice roll.

Eli threw a horrible pick six today, probably the worst of the year, but the O-Line is giving up way too much pressure. They need to get better, and quick. Losing Eli would be the end of their season for sure.
"Where's Jim going?"

FiddleCastro

I think the Saints may have won last night.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ericm

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Nov 11, 2013, 11:55 AM

I think you're right but I like to think of it more as a Cowboy loss.  :wink: sounds SO much better that way to me.  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

FiddleCastro

Quote from: ericm on Nov 11, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Nov 11, 2013, 11:55 AM

I think you're right but I like to think of it more as a Cowboy loss.  :wink: sounds SO much better that way to me.  :grin:

:grin: I like the sound of both!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jackets N Pones

Wins against Denver/Seattle/San Fran/KC and still flying way under the radar.

Way to go COLTS.

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

capt. scotty

Colts have had some nice wins, but also some headscratchingly bad losses, including blowout ones.

Luck has regressed some, and they have no running game to speak of. Honestly if the Steelers had better than needing 3 teams to lose this weekend to get into the playoffs, Indy would be the team Id want to play.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tired Eyes

The Chiefs are likely to visit the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.  If that happens, I do not see the Chiefs espcaping Indy with a win.  The Colts are a team on the rise and I don't agree that Luck has regressed this season.  If you want to see an NFL quarterback who has regressed, just look at RGIII.  Ouch.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Tired Eyes on Dec 25, 2013, 12:15 AM
The Chiefs are likely to visit the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.  If that happens, I do not see the Chiefs espcaping Indy with a win.  The Colts are a team on the rise and I don't agree that Luck has regressed this season.  If you want to see an NFL quarterback who has regressed, just look at RGIII.  Ouch.

I don't think its fair to say RG3 has regressed. He hasn't been close to 100% and it didn't help that he tried to come back from his acl injury way too early.

capt. scotty

After looking at his numbers, I guess I exagerrated on Luck regressing a bit, but he's gotten a decent amount of garbage time production.

Id be pretty shocked if Indy beat KC even if its Indy's home game. KC is one of, if not, the most overlooked team heading into the playoffs. They have a well balanced defense that can pass rush, and a very efficient offense that doesnt turn the ball over. And at least based on how this year is gone, the most dangerous RB in the NFL.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
After looking at his numbers, I guess I exagerrated on Luck regressing a bit, but he's gotten a decent amount of garbage time production.

Id be pretty shocked if Indy beat KC even if its Indy's home game. KC is one of, if not, the most overlooked team heading into the playoffs. They have a well balanced defense that can pass rush, and a very efficient offense that doesnt turn the ball over. And at least based on how this year is gone, the most dangerous RB in the NFL.

I agree with you on KC. They are definitely a well-coached team with the best back in the league. However, the same can be said about Indianapolis, aside from the running back comparison. While the Chiefs do lead the AFC in turnover differential, the Colts lead the league with only 14 giveaways. The Colts also can rush the passer, as they have the NFL Sack Champion on their side. The Reggie Wayne injury definitely set the offense back (any offense would with the loss of their best pass catcher), but after more time with the younger receivers (and DHB on the bench), the Colts offense has really clicked. Similar to the Steelers, Giants, Packers and Ravens SB champion teams of recent years, this is a team that is "getting hot" at the right time and can definitely make some noise in the post-season.   

Also, congrats to Andrew Luck for setting the NFL record for most passing yards (8,196) through two seasons to start an NFL career.

capt. scotty

I was only able to see the NO-PHI game this weekend because of work, but sounded like that, KC-IND, and GB-SF were all fantastic games.

I standby my statement of KC winning though. If Jamaal Charles doesnt go out on the first drive in that game, no doubt in my mind they win that game considering how close it was without him and Knile averaging only 3.7 ypc.

Jackets N Pones

What are y'alls thoughts on the SB? I'm pulling for Peyton but Marshawn is awesome.

"I'm just about that action, boss." So great.

dmooney99

Seahawks- 27, Broncos- 23

manonthemoon

Not sold on Wilson's passing ability enough to think they can pull off the upset, barring lots of turnovers.  Their D will make it very close, but I think Peyton finally breaks through and gets a second ring in a close one.

D 29
S 23
Alive or Just Breathing