ROLL CALL- AmericanaramA ona river - Nashvile, TN 6/30/13

Started by yakeroo, Apr 30, 2013, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I don't know, but from the few videos of the tour I've been able to dig up on YouTube and from the comments about some on the front row not understanding why MMJ fans were excited to hear a particular song get played, I would like for the band to play only jamming/loud rockers to wake up the audience. Since they go on so early (with it still very bright outside/hardly any light show), I want them to wake the old people up (me included at age 46)! I think I need The Dark, Off The Record, Highly Suspicious, Anytime, Dancefloors, an extended Honest Man, Run Thru, and a powerful Steam Engine. To round it out with a few slower but still very powerful songs, I would love to hear Where To Begin, War Begun, and I Will Sing You Songs.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 29, 2013, 10:57 PM
I don't know, but from the few videos of the tour I've been able to dig up on YouTube and from the comments about some on the front row not understanding why MMJ fans were excited to hear a particular song get played, I would like for the band to play only jamming/loud rockers to wake up the audience. Since they go on so early (with it still very bright outside/hardly any light show), I want them to wake the old people up (me included at age 46)! I think I need The Dark, Off The Record, Highly Suspicious, Anytime, Dancefloors, an extended Honest Man, Run Thru, and a powerful Steam Engine. To round it out with a few slower but still very powerful songs, I would love to hear Where To Begin, War Begun, and I Will Sing You Songs.

I would be okay with a heavy rocking set too.  I think O is the One, and Lowdown with a heavy guitar intro would work really well. 
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Anu

1. Yakeroo +1
2. Mr. White +1
3. TheThird
4. BigHerm +1
5. rjlemons
6. rmpotsy & mrs rmpotsy +5
7. Fully +2
8. Woldie
9. Toretm
10. deidralynn
11. Chieftokenpuff6 +4
12. scosby2 +3
13. timescaper + 2
14. EvilUrges86 + 1
15. Anu + 1

Last night MMJ played the Dead's I Know You Rider with Bob Weir sitting in. This is rather epic.

My Morning Jacket with Bob Weir - I know you Rider

@teacheronradio I hope to tweet a lot about the show today.

Woldie

Anyone know if the Nashville show is Rain or Shine?
"The owls are not what they seem."

rmpotsy

We are a + 8 now.  ^ I would assume it is rain or shine
out go the lights it begins

Anu

Yes we are Rain or Shine. Rain is possible.

Looking at a map of downtown, I just realized that the terraced Riverfront Park venue where we saw MMJ headline after Evil Urges might not be the same as "The Lawn at Riverfront Park" where AmericanaramA is tonight. Does anyone know for sure?

YimYodd

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 29, 2013, 10:57 PM

Mr. White, I like the way you think!
I'm very jealous of all you guys in Nashville tonight. I hope you all get face-melted!
After 2 trips to see Jim this year ( at the Basement and on the rail at the Cannery) I'm disappointed that I can't make it down on this Sunday night. Fortunately, I will be in Indy next Friday.
I look forward to updates and posts from all of you......have a Wonderful night! :beer: :beer:
Mr. White, I have some pix from the Cannery that I couldn't get to post. If you'd like, send me a PM w/ your email and I'll send to you.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Anu

Confirmed "The Lawn at" is a different venue than said terraced venue.

Fully

Park at Titans Stadium and walk over the pedestrian bridge to get there.

Woldie

Box Office & will call/pick-up is at 1st Ave South & Molloy St - FYI. Rumor has it opening at 3pm. A short line has already formed.
"The owls are not what they seem."

yakeroo

Ahhhhhh Bird Song is being soundchecked by wilco right meow!!!

yakeroo

Ahhhhhh and MMJ soundchecking Brown Eyed Women with Bobby!

yakeroo

nuggets

Quote from: kintante5 on Jun 30, 2013, 06:48 PM
Any updates?
ditto

all i've heard is that bobby opened up with 2djinn

hope those soundchecks played out
Oh shit, run!

yakeroo

Bob Weir sounded great! Wished he could have played longer. Also he is not wearing shorts? What is up with that? :grin:

nuggets

is he sporting the "capris"? can't tell from the pic.
Oh shit, run!

nuggets

weir

Two Djinn (electric)
Loose Lucy
FOTD
Most of the Time
Cassidy
Oh shit, run!

scosby2

Wonderful, circ, MASTERPLAN, first light, it beats

scosby2