ROLL CALL- AmericanaramA ona river - Nashvile, TN 6/30/13

Started by yakeroo, Apr 30, 2013, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: scosby2 on Jun 30, 2013, 07:50 PM
War begun for mahgeetah34

Masterplan AND War Begun.  That's what I'm talking about.
Don't you ever turn it off

nuggets

Oh shit, run!

Shug

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 30, 2013, 07:58 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These are tasty fuckin' set lists for abbreviated sets and a 4-act bill!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Colfax

I'd like to thank the young man who gave his Liver so that Phil Lesh could keep dropping bombs.

I'd also like to thank the middle aged woman who donated her capri pants so Bobby could keep spitting on me.

nuggets

so......i'm hearing that weir came out for both be women and rider w/ mmj

Oh shit, run!

nuggets

wilco bird song and  tomorrow never knows w/ weir
Oh shit, run!

manonthemoon

Quote from: Shug on Jun 30, 2013, 08:34 PM

Two of my favs, glad they really are going through their whole catalog for songs.
Alive or Just Breathing

Colfax

i can't believe there are no tapers. Suck it Dylan!

ericm

Quote from: Colfax on Jun 30, 2013, 10:47 PM

:huh:    Not sure we'd be getting this tour if it weren't for Dylan.
"Where's Jim going?"

EverythingChanges

Quote from: ericm on Jun 30, 2013, 11:24 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that Dylan needs to get his panties out of a bunch.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Sheets Of Clay

This feels right:

Wonderful
Circuital
Masterplan
First light
Slow slow tune
War begun
It beats 4 u
Brown eyed women (w/ bob weir)
I know you rider (w/ bob weir)
Victory dance
Mahgeetah
Gideon

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jun 30, 2013, 10:24 PM
Quote from: Shug on Jun 30, 2013, 08:34 PM

Two of my favs, glad they really are going through their whole catalog for songs.

YEAAAHHH just like Scosby said...I finally got my WAR BEGUN!!! Just as amazing as I had imagined it. Would've blown my face off if MMJ played in Wilco's spot having heard that in the nighttime of Nashville! Also got to hear Masterplan for the first time....yeessss :thumbsup: :cool:

Mahgeetah34

PS- Yakeroo and myself also ran into Jim downtown before the show and we each got a picture with him AND he signed my "It Still Moves" tour shirt. I was hoping to get it personalized, but I'm not sure if he does that or not. I'm definitely getting that thing framed :cheesy:. Also got a used Carl pick!

Mr. White

Here's the recording I made of My Morning Jacket and Bob Weir playing Brown Eyed Women in Nashville. The sound isn't all that great, but the video has some good moments.

My Morning Jacket and Bob Weir - Brown Eyed Women - Nashville - 6/30/2013
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MSchroeder

It's a shame weir isn't along for the ride all summer.  These collabs are so awesome.  MMJ and the Dead are my hands down two favorite bands so seeing Bobby playing with the Jacket is one of the coolest musical things I've seen.  I wish they had done a dead song when they played Tampa, but dead prudence was cool nonetheless.  MmJ and Furthur should do a battle of the bands for New Year's Eve. 

ericm

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jul 01, 2013, 12:05 AM

Still doesn't change the fact that Dylan needs to get his panties out of a bunch.

Says you. He's the headliner of the tour and calls the shots. Dylan deserves the respect he's earned after 50 years of putting out music! I don't think I've read one quote from anyone who's been to a show who's complaining about seeing MMJ or Wilco live this summer. Not one about the shows, or about how many cell phones and cameras they had to peer through to see.

Would it be great if there were some recordings floating around for those of us not at one of these shows? Sure, but it's not going to get me upset if there's not.

In what was supposed to be an "off" year, we're getting to see some live Jacket shows.
If not getting recordings is the price to pay for getting some live MMJ this summer, then I'll gladly pay it.

I'll finish up with this Jason Isbell quote I found, ( that I totally agree with, btw) and posted in the other bands thread.

Great quote from the NYTimes article :

Isbell reserves special scorn for people who record his shows on cellphones and post clips to YouTube. "It's an intrusion because I'm not performing for documentation's sake, I'm performing for people's ears and their eyeballs," he said. "I don't mind the scrutiny of it. We're good every night. I just feel like people aren't participating in the community of the room when they're behaving that way."

He shook his head. "My favorite thing about going to concerts has always been looking around and thinking that there's a lot of people in here that are very much like me, a lot of people in here I could have a full conversation with. I might even get laid in this room. You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cellphone."
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jul 01, 2013, 07:12 AM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jul 01, 2013, 12:05 AM

Says you. He's the headliner of the tour and calls the shots. I don't think I've read one quote from anyone who's been to a show who's complaining about seeing MMJ or Wilco live this summer. Not one about the shows, or about how many cell phones and cameras they had to peer through to see.

In what was supposed to be an "off" year, we're getting to see some live Jacket shows. Would it be great if there were some recordings floating around for those of us not at one of these shows? Sure, but it's not going to get me upset if there's not.

If not getting recordings is the price to pay for getting some live MMJ this summer, then I'll gladly pay it.

I'll finish up with this Jason Isbell quote I found, ( that I totally agree with, btw) and posted in the other bands thread.

Great quote from the NYTimes article :

Isbell reserves special scorn for people who record his shows on cellphones and post clips to YouTube. "It's an intrusion because I'm not performing for documentation's sake, I'm performing for people's ears and their eyeballs," he said. "I don't mind the scrutiny of it. We're good every night. I just feel like people aren't participating in the community of the room when they're behaving that way."

He shook his head. "My favorite thing about going to concerts has always been looking around and thinking that there's a lot of people in here that are very much like me, a lot of people in here I could have a full conversation with. I might even get laid in this room. You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cellphone."

EricM is correct. There are quite a few Dylan fans at these shows. I sure wouldn't say anything like that to them. The man has earned the right to call the shots at his own shows. Trust me, Jim and Jeff Tweedy both know what being on this tour does for their stature as artists. Years from now this tour will be a notch on their résumé that people will mention to show what respected artists they are and it isn't because Wilco and MMJ went on tour together. It's all because a legend like Dylan thought enough of them that he invited them to be on the bill. Whether you like Dylan or his policies does not matter. M. Ward really doesn't like them either, and there see probably lots of other artists who it annoys as well. While I appreciate videos of shows, I really prefer to not take my camera out and snap lots of pics. I like to enjoy the moment while I'm there. While I appreciate watching videos of shows I didn't get to go to or ones where I was there and want to relive, it annoys the crap out of me to be beside someone who tapes the entire show. Is there really a need to get another video of Wonderful? There are millions of them on the Internet now. But mostly, it's about showing respect to someone's artistic stature who doesn't want pictures and videos taken and feels strongly enough about it to make it an important part of the show experience.

ericm

Btw, I've heard there were some Dylan taper rigs at some of the shows, so getting some audio is not out of the question.  I've got no problems with that, and never have.
"Where's Jim going?"