Main Menu

Spiritualized

Started by Penny Lane, Jun 07, 2013, 09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Is there a Spiritualized thread? We need one.

They're playing Webster Hall in Sept---can't find where any other dates are posted. I saw Whippy mentioned them in the metal thread--are they playing Interlocken?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

Will be seeing them open for Flaming Lips in July. Not sure what to expect, i did some prepping on spotify and stylistically they were all over the place.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Tired Eyes

Here's what I found for their U.S. shows this year aside from the Webster Hall show.

7/12  Chicago
7/13  Columbus, OH
7/14  Buffalo, NY
7/15  Wallingford, CT
7/16  Pittsburgh, PA

They are also playing the Hopscotch Festival in Raleigh, NC this September.  I don't know which day they're playing the festival.

MrWhippy

I had started a Spiritualized thread a long time ago, but it is probably way buried by now.

There is also a NYC area show scheduled for a few days before Hopscotch, at Webster Hall, I think.  I hope that means other headlining East Coast shows will happen as well.

I saw them earlier this year at Coachella and it was a great set.  Very interesting and unexpected setlist for a festival show.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

MrWhippy

Hey Penny, I didn't read your post closely enough at first.

Spiritualized is not playing Interlocken.  I mentioned them along with Interlocken as I was saying I had a fantasy of being able to hit Hopscotch to be able to see Sleep and Spiritualized and then hit Interlocken for the night that Neil and Crazy Horse headline it.

MrWhippy

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jun 07, 2013, 03:14 PM
Will be seeing them open for Flaming Lips in July. Not sure what to expect, i did some prepping on spotify and stylistically they were all over the place.

If you are trying to prep yourself on Spiritualized, one great place to start is the live album: "Royal Albert Hall, October 10, 1997," which is up there with Okonokos as one of my favorite live albums ever. 

In terms of studio albums, I would start with "Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space," which is one of the greatest albums of the 90's in my opinion (the live album I mention above is from the tour for that album).  I would then move to the most recent one, "Sweet Heart Sweet Light."

If you like the noise jam stuff that Wilco does on occasion, you will love Spiritualized, they  take that stuff even further than Wilco does.