"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

Quote from: Trukel on Jun 21, 2013, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have some intel on the concert courtyard? I scanned hundreds of pictures on trip advisor. Based on a previous post, the best guess is that the stage will be set up with the ocean as a backdrop in the Labyrinth. This area has large concourse in front of the ocean that seems perfect for an outdoor show for 2,500 people. It is called the Labyrinth because it also has a large garden area of hedges that form a circular maze. Trying to get an idea if watching a show from the balcony will be realistic. Regardless, that's where I'm staying.

I was thinking it might be that area too - unless the Hard Rock is building something new over the next 6 months....

oistheone

No matter which way I crunch the numbers, I just can't make this trip do-able. Very bummed, but also very excited for all those who ARE able to make it!

I trust the Jacket will come up with a way to get some cash out of us folks who can't make it to Mexico! We want to give you our cash, just give us a slightly more affordable event!

dmooney99

would be awesome but too expensive for me  :embarrassed:

millerjustin

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 22, 2013, 06:02 PM
No matter which way I crunch the numbers, I just can't make this trip do-able. Very bummed, but also very excited for all those who ARE able to make it!

I trust the Jacket will come up with a way to get some cash out of us folks who can't make it to Mexico! We want to give you our cash, just give us a slightly more affordable event!

Sorry you can't make it, O - but rest assured and don't make any holiday plans yet!!!
What's in here won't disappear

e_wind

i used to think you weren't cool, now i think you are cool. great success!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Bob Loblaw

The Bob Loblaw's are in! Went ahead and booked flights last night too. Nonstop from Chicago on United for just over 4 bills each. I didn't think I'd find anything cheaper so I went for it. I can't freaking wait. This'll be our first real excursion away from the kids. I hope Mrs. Bob Loblaw can handle it!  See you all there.

themarsvolta

Anyone look into the trip insurance yet? Interested to know whether the offered company is good yet or if an outside insurance agency would be better!? January in NY is no given at these airports!

@@

moflojo

What do you think the chances are of them reducing the price if not enough reservations are sold by x date, say August or October. Would they cancel it before they reduce the price. Or do you all feel it will surely sell out at these rates? From the little research I have conducted it seems one could get a 4 nite stay at an inclusive resort in the Cancun area for around $600. So the MMJ deal is more than twice the cost... anyone else agree?

rjlemons

Quote from: themarsvolta on Jun 26, 2013, 10:59 AM
Anyone look into the trip insurance yet? Interested to know whether the offered company is good yet or if an outside insurance agency would be better!? January in NY is no given at these airports!

@@
I opted in on the travel insurance and received the packet of information in the mail recently.  It looks very good and my rate was only $57 but I think it varies depending on your location, etc.

e_wind

Quote from: moflojo on Jun 26, 2013, 11:27 AM
What do you think the chances are of them reducing the price if not enough reservations are sold by x date, say August or October. Would they cancel it before they reduce the price. Or do you all feel it will surely sell out at these rates? From the little research I have conducted it seems one could get a 4 nite stay at an inclusive resort in the Cancun area for around $600. So the MMJ deal is more than twice the cost... anyone else agree?

I would say you're really pushin' your luck if you think there's a chance that will happen. They would piss off far too many people if that happened. Also, I don't doubt at all that this will sell out.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ghosts_on_TV

Im in for Rock Platinum double sky terrace concert courtyard.  :cheesy:
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

justbcuzido

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Jun 26, 2013, 01:02 PM
Im in for Rock Platinum double sky terrace concert courtyard.  :cheesy:

In the words of tupac, you $tr8 Ballin'... Sounds awesome!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

themarsvolta

Quote from: rjlemons on Jun 26, 2013, 11:34 AM
I opted in on the travel insurance and received the packet of information in the mail recently.  It looks very good and my rate was only $57 but I think it varies depending on your location, etc.

Thanks for your input! I guess I'll have to get their quote and a few others before deciding, but I'll go with them if its comparable!

:thumbsup:

@@

themarsvolta

Quote from: moflojo on Jun 26, 2013, 11:27 AM

I think the only way something like this gets cancelled would be if no tickets were sold. I also wouldn't be surprised if they sell out at their original prices.

Someone should ask cloud9 how many slots out of the 2,500 are still open.

@@

millerjustin

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
i used to think you weren't cool, now i think you are cool. great success!

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
What's in here won't disappear

Jenfarr

Flights purchased!!!!   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Using frequent flier miles for one of us, and paid for the other, $500 total!  Woo Hoo!

fortbethel

So now I'm getting a bit freaked out. Cloud nine never mentioned anything about trip insurance and I was on the phone with them quite a bit. Terribly nice people but still.

fortbethel

A thought. Those of you thinking that you'll get to personally meet the band throughout the stay think twice. You know they aren't staying at the same resort. 'The Jacket' love and adore the fan base but even the guys know how overwhelming it would be to have to listen to fans go on and on about their love then have to perform. And have to do this four days in a row. My bet is that they have rooms at another resort very near by.

Met Jim once in L.A. and he was very nice and receptive.

lucylew

Was checking flights from Sacramento to Cancun and was surprised to find them at $400 round trip!

smhoffmann02

Quote from: scosby2 on Jun 19, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 19, 2013, 12:44 PM
Why do I keep checking this thread?  :undecided:

bc i'm packing you in my suitcase

Good idea, Scosby.  JY, start stretching...
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.