"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jan 20, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote from: jaye on Jan 20, 2014, 02:30 PM
Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 20, 2014, 01:34 PM
Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 20, 2014, 12:27 PM
How many of you folks are arriving Sunday? On logistics question I have: are they going to allow people to go wander the resort while waiting for a room? I've read conflicting info.
I am going on Sunday. I don't think I would leave my luggage behind, or drag it around with me. Looks like it could be a bit frustrating, but maybe the rush will be on Saturday.

My previous experience on a Cloud9 excursion, we showed up a day early and didn't have to check in seperately for the event. Once we checked in, we were all set (except for going back for merch sales that didn't start  until the event check in)

So far the event check in (separate from room check in) is only on Sunday.  Hopefully they'll start it on Saturday to alleviate the lines.

I hope you are right!  But this is what the email says:

All guests must first check-in with the resort for their room assignment and then check-in with One Big Holiday for event credentials.  If you arrive a day or two early, please remember that you must come back to the convention center to check-in with One Big Holiday on Sunday, January 26th beginning at 9am.

JTG1975

Leaky hot tub complaints are starting to pile up. Not sure I am orgy in a leaky vesssel. Or with one. No pun intended.

given2jacket

According to the reviews coming in from Furthur, expect 3-5 hour lines for check-in and an unfinished resort.

But just go with the groove, man.

rincon2

Quote from: given2jacket on Jan 20, 2014, 09:54 PM
According to the reviews coming in from Furthur, expect 3-5 hour lines for check-in and an unfinished resort.

Just remember. You are still the bad guy!  :grin:

justbcuzido

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's 3-5 of drinking and meeting all the fine folks that will be in attendance. Or you can just jump in the pool for a bit.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lilhuffy

SO I joined the board to track any and all updates and have been obsessing about the state of the hotel and how this trip is going to play out.  Here are the conclusions I've come to:
1. We're all aware of the issues going in so at least we won't be hoodwinked by the hotel and our expectations are so low that it can only go up from here.
2. The band is going to be amazing, which is what we're all ultimately going down there for.
3. We're going to be surrounded by solid, like-minded people who are going to be great.
4. At this point, it's 28 degrees in Denver, I work 50+ hours a week and engage in a nightly three hour battle trying to get a two year old to go to bed.  As long as they don't run out of beer and there's not a turd on my pillow when we check into our room, I think I can make do.

Mahalo, let's do this.

rincon2

It has been over 80 almost every day this year in So. Cal. and it is FREAKING everyone here out. The temp for me is not an issue, except for the H2O.

WinstonLegthigh

Quote from: Lilhuffy on Jan 20, 2014, 11:05 PM
As long as they don't run out of beer and there's not a turd on my pillow when we check into our room, I think I can make do.

What about a la cucaracha?

Actually, it would be kind of brilliant if they found a way to fit La Cucaracha into one of their sets.

Culturally relevant ✔
Excellent ✔
Profoundly deep lyrics that anyone and everyone can relate to ✔

JTG1975

Actually, to be a little more accurate, Sunday they were overwhelmed and there were long lines. By all reports, yesterday was much better.

You also forgot to report on missing toilets seat and the tons of fun people are having regardless...

Jenfarr

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 21, 2014, 11:19 AM

Actually, to be a little more accurate, Sunday they were overwhelmed and there were long lines. By all reports, yesterday was much better.

I think with their first show on Monday, a majority of the people showed up on Sunday, not wanting to spring for 2 pre-show nights lodging.  I think with our first show on Sunday, arrivals will be more evenly spread between Sat. and Sunday.  At least that's what I  am hoping, since I arrive on Sat.

APR

Quote from: Lilhuffy on Jan 20, 2014, 11:05 PM
SO I joined the board to track any and all updates and have been obsessing about the state of the hotel and how this trip is going to play out.  Here are the conclusions I've come to:
1. We're all aware of the issues going in so at least we won't be hoodwinked by the hotel and our expectations are so low that it can only go up from here.
2. The band is going to be amazing, which is what we're all ultimately going down there for.
3. We're going to be surrounded by solid, like-minded people who are going to be great.
4. At this point, it's 28 degrees in Denver, I work 50+ hours a week and engage in a nightly three hour battle trying to get a two year old to go to bed.  As long as they don't run out of beer and there's not a turd on my pillow when we check into our room, I think I can make do.

Mahalo, let's do this.

Welcome.  Your 4 conclusions are spot on.  An amazing time will be had by all unless there's that little problem on your pillow.

ItBeats4Jew

hold on, wait a minute, let me check......nope.  I'm still not pissed off I'm going. 
what Madonna said really helped

oistheone

Despite all these reports, I'm still jealous of everyone who is going and wish I could be there. I'm jonesin' for Jacket like never before. Hope everyone going has an awesome time!

(And if anyone gets close to any of the guys, ask them about their summer plans! I'm dying to start planning my schedule for festival season, but that's an impossible task without knowing what MMJ is doing.)

azure317

"You fight through that shit. 'Cause [5 days] from now, when you  kickin' it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, Marsellus Wallace was right."

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn"

Winterland

Anyone know if the stage is on the Hacienda or Heaven side?

kiki

Ocean View room available for $1590 if anyone out there looking!

kikifed@yahoo.com

gluvmiller

Quote from: Winterland on Jan 21, 2014, 03:42 PM

Pretty sure it is the Heaven side. And thats because the people who have been offered options to move were in Heaven roof top terraces with a view of the stage.

themarsvolta

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jan 22, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote from: Winterland on Jan 21, 2014, 03:42 PM

Pretty sure it is the Heaven side. And thats because the people who have been offered options to move were in Heaven roof top terraces with a view of the stage.

Why did the Stage View Rooftop people have an offer to move? What was wrong with those rooms? You'd think the rooms near the stage would be the ones with the least issues?

Also, I'm an anti-Facebook participant so I'm out of the 'book' loops... Could someone post pertinent info here that may only be there? It would be much appreciated.

@@

gluvmiller

Here is what was posted to people attending Furthur's Paradise Waits:

Dear Furthur Fans,

We are aware that some of the Single Sky Terrace Room on Heaven Side are not up to standards, including in some cases, no access to your terrace. We are deeply sorry for this and we are just as disappointed as you are since we were promised the rooms from the hotel just as you were promised them. We want you to know that we are working with the hotel on your behalf, to assist you with soluti...ons. Please know that we have worked out these two options for you to consider if you are having issues with your room.

OPTION 1

You can stay in your current room and receive a $300 per person refund . This reflects the $200 difference in price of your room and an equivalent room that is one category below and an extra $100 (per person). You may still get access to your terrace although it may or may not be complete. This refund can be processed immediately.

- OR -

OPTION 2

You can get a FULL refund for the event nights and be given a complimentary room at the Barcelo Palace which is 10 minutes away. Complimentary ground transportation will be offered for you 24 hours per day and you will have full access to the concerts and the all-inclusive amenities at both properties. This can also be processed immediately.

We are located in a private office in the convention center to assist you. If you have any other concerns, please email us so that we can take care of you while you enjoy your vacation.

Yours Truly,

Paradise Waits... Let there be songs to fill the air!

Winterland

Based on the above I don't think the rooms with issues are the same as what I'm staying in which is Rock Platinum w/ Double Sky Terrace Concert Courtyard.

I too would be surprised if the rooms in the concert area were not completed. But, who knows?