New 7" Vinyl through Roll Call

Started by itrainmonkeys, Aug 07, 2013, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

I'd want a "Dear Prudence" & or "Tomorrow Never Knows" one one side & "Cinnamon Girl" on the other.... Or how about a MMJ/Wilco/Dylan "The Weight"?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

dmooney99

I re-signed  on Aug. 17 Got my new membership card and the poster a few weeks ago but no vinyl yet  :cry:

Mr. White

Quote from: dmooney99 on Sep 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
I re-signed  on Aug. 17 Got my new membership card and the poster a few weeks ago but no vinyl yet  :cry:

I already got the poster and the laminate as well, but I don't think anybody has gotten the 7'' vinyl yet. I'm pretty sure it is supposed to come out (be delivered to us) later in the year. Also, when I called about the free download that doesn't apply to me (I have already purchased all that are available at present), I asked about a delivery date for the 7''. They checked while I was on hold and came back to say they didn't know when it was supposed to go out. It's up to the band. Don't worry, we will get it.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

Quote from: justbcuzido on Aug 27, 2013, 11:04 PM
I'd want a "Dear Prudence" & or "Tomorrow Never Knows" one one side & "Cinnamon Girl" on the other.... Or how about a MMJ/Wilco/Dylan "The Weight"?

I really hope someone with some authority listens to you!

MMPJ6306

Quote from: APR on Sep 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Aug 27, 2013, 11:04 PM

I really hope someone with some authority listens to you!

Pearl Jam's Ten Club would never put more than one song on a side, but then again the 10c sucks. Like your wishful thinking though.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

oistheone

I'm no chronologist, but year-end is quickly approaching.

Wonder when we'll get some details about this glorious 7"?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Nov 25, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm no chronologist, but year-end is quickly approaching.

Wonder when we'll get some details about this glorious 7"?

I'm assuming since the guys are together right now, we will probably hear details soon.  However, if ground control plans on getting them to everybody before the year ends, they need to mail them within the next two weeks.

I'm hoping it will be a single from their new album and a live cut from a recent tour.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Crispy

You guys could be the only people involved with this that remembers that it exists.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 25, 2013, 02:19 PM
You guys could be the only people involved with this that remembers that it exists.

Hope not.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 25, 2013, 02:19 PM
I don't know if I've told you lately, but you're perfect just the way you are, Crispy.

Mr. White

I've been thinking about it recently too. Come on 7 inch! I hope it's a couple of extended live tracks.

CountSA

It's gotta be Self Hypnosis #3 right?

EverythingChanges

I called ground control to see if they know anymore than we do.  They haven't heard of any updates yet, nor have they received the vinyls to ship them out.  The guy I talked to did say that it should still be happening though.

Maybe it will be "beginning of the year vinyl"  :grin:.

Crispy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 26, 2013, 11:15 AM
I called ground control to see if they know anymore than we do.  They haven't heard of any updates yet, nor have they received the vinyls to ship them out.  The guy I talked to did say that it should still be happening though.
The next call that grndctrl guy made was to his boss asking, "Did you know MMJ fans are expecting to get a 7" from us?...Yeah, neither did I."

Thanks, Fully, I am getting pretty curmudgeonly in my old age.  :kiss:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

Still nothing on this?

I know I may sound like a stick in the mud, but I really am not impressed with ground control, and there isn't enough benefits to encourage me to renew my membership if they don't hold up their end of the deal.

Maybe end of the year means February.

Crispy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Dec 11, 2013, 04:51 PM
Still nothing on this?

I know I may sound like a stick in the mud, but I really am not impressed with ground control, and there isn't enough benefits to encourage me to renew my membership if they don't hold up their end of the deal.

Maybe end of the year means February.

YOU sound like a stick in the mud? I am clearly dropping the ball here in the mudstick department. My participation in Roll Call has very little to do with anything that grundctrl provides, because they deliver very little (for high shipping costs!). I participate because I love the band, and I want the ticket-buying and early-entry perks, which barely justify the cost to me. Grrnd ctrl should deliver on the things they have promised, but given their history, I'll believe it when I see it.

Mr. White

Well, it looks like we won't be getting it by the year's end after all. I just got off of the phone with ground(ctrl) at 1-877-463-2875, and after they checked and called me back, I was told that they haven't received the records at their warehouse yet (they haven't been sent to them by the "producer" of the record), but as soon as they get them, they will mail them out to us.

That sucks.

Also, I had them check on the "free" concert download for me. I (like many of you loyal Forum members/Roll Call people) have already bought ALL of the available downloads and can't use my "free" purchase code that was e-mailed to me a couple of months ago because it will expire at year's end (2013). The representative did say he would make a note of it and see if there was any way of extending it to the anniversary of when I purchased my renewal of the full Roll Call membership package back in August.

That sucks even more.

OH WELL.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Mr. White

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Dec 11, 2013, 09:31 PM
I never got my renewal shirt

I don't think there was a T-shirt this year.

Edit:
I think the record took the place of the T-shirts from the prior 2 years. I copied and pasted this from the Roll Call info page.

The Roll Call Original 2013 Membership Package includes:

- Access to purchase Fan Club presale tickets to MMJ shows**
- Access to purchase VIP packages for MMJ shows**
- 1 free live show download redemption code*

- Roll Call "First Entry" laminate allowing first entry to all shows where applicable
- Exclusive new MMJ poster
- End of the year exclusive MMJ 7" +

As a member of Roll Call, you also gain access to these exclusive areas of mymorningjacket.com:

- Exclusive Q&A videos with members of the band
- Exclusive photos from the road taken by members of the band
- Exclusive members-only forum
- Members-only commenting, friending, blogs and more social features
- Members-only Chat
- Members-only Contests and Campaigns
- Exclusive music via the Self Hypnosis Series

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 11, 2013, 07:25 PM
Well, it looks like we won't be getting it by the year's end after all. I just got off of the phone with ground(ctrl) at 1-877-463-2875, and after they checked and called me back, I was told that they haven't received the records at their warehouse yet (they haven't been sent to them by the "producer" of the record), but as soon as they get them, they will mail them out to us.

That sucks.

Also, I had them check on the "free" concert download for me. I (like many of you loyal Forum members/Roll Call people) have already bought ALL of the available downloads and can't use my "free" purchase code that was e-mailed to me a couple of months ago because it will expire at year's end (2013). The representative did say he would make a note of it and see if there was any way of extending it to the anniversary of when I purchased my renewal of the full Roll Call membership package back in August.

That sucks even more.

OH WELL.

Thanks Mr. White! I tried calling them before, but I didn't get much of a response.  Maybe if we all keep calling them, they will finally do something.