Getting ripped off

Started by Hawkeye, Aug 29, 2013, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Hopefully the title of the thread is not misleading, but that's how I'm feeling lately...ripped off!

My MAIN complaint (but there are others) is dealing with AT&T DSL customer service.

Here's the synopsis, as copied and pasted from my complaint to them (with account #'s X'ed out):
"1) Decided to try Charter.  Cancelled AT&T Account xxx.
2) Had Charter for 1 month.  Couldn't get it to work.  Signed back up with AT&T under account number xxx.
3) Upon signing back up, I had trouble connecting.  After numerous calls with tech support, a Rep named Kenny sent me a replacement modem under warranty.  After the replacement modem was sent, we got the original modem working, so I didn't need the replacement.
4) I called back asking for a return label for the replacement (warranty) modem.  Multiple reps told me they had no record of ever sending me a modem, and "not to worry about it...just keep it."
5) I received a note in the mail, asking for the modem back.  I called MANY times asking for a return label, but reps said it was past 30 days, so they could not send one.  I finally (after 2 months or so) got a rep to send me a return shipping label.  I sent the modem back.  Please see copy of return shipping label and delivery confirmation.
6) I did not see any credit on my account, and I wanted to be sure that credit was issued, so I called back in to Customer Service.  No one could find a record of the return at first, but finally someone did.  They assured credit would be issued.  To further complicate things, the return label requested credit on account number xxx (new account), but the "bill" for the warranty/non-returned equipment was issued against the "old" account xxx.  No one at AT&T has been able to remedy this yet.
7) I got a call from a collections agency today, asking for the $107.00 remainder shown against account xxx.  There should not be a remaining bill, because the returned equipment needs to be credited to this account.
8) Today I have been on the phone for 45 minutes, with Employee ID #'s LT4884 and RC588R.  Employeed RC588R said that their supervisor "Neil" or "Neal" would call me back within 20-30 minutes.  So far, I haven't heard anything.

Basically they gave me the runaround, told me not to return equipment, then told me to return equipment, I returned it, but never got credit, then they sent my "bill" to collections.

Any lawyers or others out there with any tips to get my money back?  Already spent several hours on the phone and sent an email message.  Is there any agency I can contact that would actually do something (FCC or BBB)?

A few years back I basically had $200 stolen from me by Hughesnet...just tired of this crap!
We could.