Started by adam_pliskow, Oct 01, 2013, 12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
4. tbd801 +bob + 3 children (OY)
5. adam_pliskow
6. Mr. & Mrs. Headhunter (a definite maybe)

we weren't sure BUT we are meeting friends in nyc for lunch on Saturday and my office is only a block or 2 from Times Square so it's hard to not be there (even tho I usually try to avoid Times Square at all costs)

was some shakin' and some record playin'

MMPJ6306

James Murphy is definitely one of the least likely and coolest openers MMJ could have. If any of you don't listen to LCD Soundsystem, they are another of the best bands of the last 10-15 years. Can't wait.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

tdb810

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 07, 2013, 03:45 PM
1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow

we weren't sure BUT we are meeting friends in nyc for lunch on Saturday and my office is only a block or 2 from Times Square so it's hard to not be there (even tho I usually try to avoid Times Square at all costs)
YAY!!!! Hopefully we can pull this off!  We will do our best to endure the madness! 
.....Back at the Model Home

dmmjb

i'm definitely there...hopefully it's an hour set at least....i don't care if i'm all the way in the back, so long as i can hear i'll be happy

joey_rogo

I would be disappointed with anything less than an hour.

br00ke

1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke

i'm in the '"its gonna be a shit show, but i'll go anyway" camp. there's no turning your nose up at a free MMJ show in your town, ya know?!! so yeah, super stoked regardless.

i believe also in attendance with me will be valerie/bluesky, crispy, and danz   :thumbsup:

joey_rogo

Hell yeah! Hopefully I run into you guys at some point.

tdb810

Quote from: br00ke on Oct 10, 2013, 09:44 AM
1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke

i'm in the '"its gonna be a shit show, but i'll go anyway" camp. there's no turning your nose up at a free MMJ show in your town, ya know?!! so yeah, super stoked regardless.

i believe also in attendance with me will be valerie/bluesky, crispy, and danz   :thumbsup:
What what???? Sweetness!
.....Back at the Model Home

Northern Neighbour

I would be surprised if they played more than 6 songs.

Ruckus

Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 10, 2013, 02:36 PM
1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke

What what???? Sweetness!
Awesome roll call!  However, if Crispy is there, I will punch him in the balls next time I see him.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Taterbug

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke
8. Crispy + 1

What what???? Sweetness!
Awesome roll call!  However, if Crispy is there, I will punch him in the balls next time I see him.

FIGHT FIGHT !!!! 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Murph

1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke

This rainy forecast sucks, but count me in either way. 

8. Murph

Crispy

Ruckus would have every right to punch me in the balls if I went to this instead of what we have planned...hell, I'd punch myself in the balls.

I'll see you the very next day though, brooke!  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 10, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ruckus would have every right to punch me in the balls if I went to this instead of what we have planned...hell, I'd punch myself in the balls.

Don't forget to keep me posted. I'd definitely like to get together with you guys either before our shows or after.

Our meetup with Steve Hackett is at 2:00, so I think meeting up dinner time/preshow will work on my end if it's good for you guys. If not, definitely a late night post shows drink.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Oct 10, 2013, 04:17 PM

Don't forget to keep me posted. I'd definitely like to get together with you guys either before our shows or after.

Our meetup with Steve Hackett is at 2:00, so I think meeting up dinner time/preshow will work on my end if it's good for you guys. If not, definitely a late night post shows drink.  :beer:

You bet, Eric! I'll give you a shout when I get to Philly.  :beer: :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 10, 2013, 04:23 PM

Sounds good.   :cool:   It'll be great to see you, and hang with you guys for a bit. :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

joey_rogo

ericm

Quote from: joey_rogo on Oct 10, 2013, 05:29 PM
I still owe you a drink Eric.

No worries Joey. When MMJ is on tour again I'll take you up on that, and it'll be a great way to toast our good fortune.  :thumbsup:

Enjoy the show Saturday, and if I didn't have other plans set for months, I'd be in NYC too.
"Where's Jim going?"

beat slave

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
1. joey rogo +little bro
2. MMPJ6306??
3. dmmjb??
5. adam_pliskow
7. br00ke
8. Crispy + 1
9. beat slave

What what???? Sweetness!

FIGHT FIGHT !!!!

First time poster here. I'm good friends with the threadstarter adam_pliskow. Like most people's sentiment, I'm very excited to see MMJ for free right in my backyard and expecting a total shitshow in Times Square. But how unique that the band gets to play in on the streets of TS. Should be a very high energy set. I'm guessing 75 minutes give or take 15. Probably head to TS around 2. Check things out and then hit a bar until James Murphy. :thumbsup:

Nice to finally speak up on here. Cheers.  :evil:

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Oct 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 10, 2013, 04:23 PM

Sounds good.   :cool:   It'll be great to see you, and hang with you guys for a bit. :thumbsup:

EricM is going to be in Philly too!!! This trip keeps getting better and better!