Main Menu

Blitzen Trapper

Started by capt. scotty, Oct 02, 2013, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Yes, I realize there was a BT thread bump today, but the person who started that thread hasn't been around for 5 years, and I dont want to see a thread titled "Blitzen Trapper- Furr" bumped often for the rest of the year.

That said, Im loving their new album VII...They still have the same sound and lyrics underneath everything, but Im digging how they swamped up this new one. Such a fun album.

Eric Earley is probably one of the most underrated songwriters going these days, IMO.

Blitzen Trapper - Feel The Chill

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

bump...does everyone really want to post in a Furr thread? I love that album, but come one now...

Blitzen Trapper deserves their own thread.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Come Closer

My bad for bringing that thread back from the grave, wasn't sure on the etiquette there. I've been listening to a lot of their stuff lately, they really should be bigger than they are. Someone mentioned Denver in the Furr thread, I like that album also.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 10, 2013, 07:12 AM
My bad for bringing that thread back from the grave, wasn't sure on the etiquette there. I've been listening to a lot of their stuff lately, they really should be bigger than they are. Someone mentioned Denver in the Furr thread, I like that album also.

Hah, I replied to BH's post on them but totally forgot to follow up on them. Interesting that they have a rotating band, and Earley is one of them. Gotta check that out.

Im also still loving the new Blitzen Trapper.

johnnYYac

I've seen BT twice in Iowa City since we moved here in August 2013.  Just discovered the last show soundboard on archive.org.

Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/blitzentrapper2015-07-06.matrix.FLAC

BLITZEN TRAPPER
Gabe's
Iowa City, Iowa
July 6, 2015

Source: Soundboard + [Superlux HK8 (FOB, DIN, 8'up) > Edirol UA-5] > Fostex VF160 EX > Nomad Jukebox 3 (.wav @ 44.1 kHz)
Transfer: JB3 > PC > Adobe Audition 3.0 > CD Wave Editor > Traders Little Helper > FLAC

01 Wild Mountain Nation
02 Heart Attack
03 Shine On
04 Fletcher
05 Rock N Roll Was Made For You
06 Evening Star
07 Astronaut
08 Not Your Lover
09 Black River Killer
10 Lonesome Angel
11 Furr
12 Lady On The Water
13 Love The Way You Walk Away
14 Ever Loved Once
15 Mystery & Wonder
16 Thirsy Man
17 encore break
18 The Man Who Would Speak True
19 American Goldwing
20 All Across This Land
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

Their Live In Portland album is available for the minimum price of zero dollars. http://blitzentrapper.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-portland