Verlaines Record

Started by FForFake, Jun 03, 2003, 07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FForFake

Hi All -
Danny said there might be some interest, so I thought I'd mention here that the new J.Kessinger & The Verlaines record is on sale now at www.verlaines.com, and features keys by Danny Cash, as well as a very special guest guitar solo by Johnny Q. It was recorded at the Jacket's studio a couple of years ago, engineered by Johnny, and has finally made its way down the long bloody birth canal, and enters screaming into this cruel world.

Featuring former members of Dirt One, the Angry Pills, The Ghost Club and Skip, with art by Danny Cash and Andy Sturdevant (red nails and blowup in japanese) it is a veritable who's who of Louisville bands you've never heard of.

There will be a couple of mp3's posted this week to the site. The album is available for purchase now via our handy dandy paypal link.

Ok, whoring over, releasing the coat-tails,
Thanks!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Definitely will be taking a look at that...thanks for the link!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Hey, what do they have to with Jacques Brel? Is that just the title or is there music from that wonderful Flemish singer on the album?  ???
I'm ready when you are

Lieven

Indeed, good question O. I know quite some songs of Jacques Brel, but the ones on the Verlaines record don't remind me of any Brel-songs...

Did some internet search to, but didn't find any connection between Verlaines and Brel. Hmm...?
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

CC

I think they just admire jacques

A te regarder
Danser et sourire
Et à t'écouter
Chanter et puis rire

just listened to the mp3s, sounds promising!

Danny Cash

I think the name of the record was just kind of an inside joke. I think it's great because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

It was really fun recording that record. I can't believe it has already been two years. I think it only took a weekend to tape it. And there were tons of caterpillars everywhere. They must have been in season or something. I don't know.

FForFake

QuoteI think the name of the record was just kind of an inside joke. I think it's great because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

It was really fun recording that record. I can't believe it has already been two years. I think it only took a weekend to tape it. And there were tons of caterpillars everywhere. They must have been in season or something. I don't know.

I still have nightmares about those caterpillars. We took a pic of them which we'll have to post sometime soon.

As for the album title, Mr.Brel's legal team have asked me to keep mum, and so I shall. They're French, you know.

DD

i went out and got it.  the bass work, its, its like pure magic.  i put it in my computer and edited everything else out and just spend my time at home with my baggie of jims pubic hair listening to those amazing bass lines, over and over and over.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails