Main Menu

2014 Festivals

Started by e_wind, Jan 14, 2014, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 14, 2014, 07:51 PM
Ahhh yes, I almost forgot how much this time of year excites/frustrates me!

I'll go where the lineup takes me.

Totally agree.  I"ve been lucky enough to attend one different festival each of the last three years, and it rained at every one.   I plan on going to one this year but am waiting to see where the lineup takes me.  And then we'll know when the rain is coming.

Still a lot of fests to announce so don't write off an MMJ appearance yet.  The one(s) they play (if they do) will be all the more special.   There was a lot of similarity between the festivals  last summer in the U.S..... like Mr. Whippy said kind of getting whoever was touring/available.

Keep the updates coming magh33ta and parkervb.  I appreciate them!

subinai

Hangout and Shaky Knees are announced. No MMJ for either. Though SK says "additional headliner to be announced"... so speculate.

parkervb

Quote from: subinai on Jan 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
Hangout and Shaky Knees are announced. No MMJ for either. Though SK says "additional headliner to be announced"... so speculate.

SK might have the deepest lineup outside of Coachella

http://shakykneesfestival.com/

Also how is that Additional Headliner NOT Outkast.  ATLiens...
Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

haha yeah i didnt think of the atlanta connection. it would be kinda funny to see a hip hop group headline a festival that is almost exclusively indie/alt/country/folk/whatever.

subinai

SK could be the one fesitval that outkast ISNT playing this year

mahg33ta

I am in for Shaky Knees.   Holy Crap that hits my sweet spot.

APR

Foals, Portugal the Man, and Local Natives!   Plus several bands I"ve been interested in/curious to check out all in one place!  Shaky Knees again looks to be a certainty.  I hope it's not too huge though.  Last year Shaky Knees was at a great spot and was a great size.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 15, 2014, 10:50 AM

It's gotta be Outkast.  They said they're doing 40 festivals.  That small rectangle on the upper right of the announcement isn't large enough to fit the words "My Morning Jacket." 

mahg33ta

Quote from: APR on Jan 15, 2014, 11:39 AM

It's gotta be Outkast.  They said they're doing 40 festivals.  That small rectangle on the upper right of the announcement isn't large enough to fit the words "My Morning Jacket."

I wouldn't be so sure.  Take all this with a grain of salt - wishful thinking on my part since I don't like Outcast.

First of all, there's been no inclination that the organizer, a hardcore Rock/Beard Music booking guy, would book something of that genre.   

Second of all, Outkast has been announced on a ton of festivals so far.   I realize they said they are doing "40", but it doesn't seem to hold up any of the other festivals from releasing their names.   What legalize would prevent SK from saying Outkast?

Lastly, there is another Festival in Georgia, two weeks earlier and 70 miles from Atlanta - CounterPoint - where Outkast is headlining.

My hope is that it's a pretty big name that can't say until after Bonnaroo announces next month.   Possibly MMJ which would send me into the stratosphere.

Fully

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 15, 2014, 12:14 PM

I wouldn't be so sure.  Take all this with a grain of salt - wishful thinking on my part since I don't like Outcast.

First of all, there's been no inclination that the organizer, a hardcore Rock/Beard Music booking guy, would book something of that genre.   

Second of all, Outkast has been announced on a ton of festivals so far.   I realize they said they are doing "40", but it doesn't seem to hold up any of the other festivals from releasing their names.   What legalize would prevent SK from saying Outkast?

Lastly, there is another Festival in Georgia, two weeks earlier and 70 miles from Atlanta - CounterPoint - where Outkast is headlining.

My hope is that it's a pretty big name that can't say until after Bonnaroo announces next month.   Possibly MMJ which would send me into the stratosphere.

If that happens, I'll be there!

EverythingChanges

I agree the last headliner is probably not Outkast.  I am not sure if the third headliner is MMJ, but I would be surprised if MMJ didn't make any festival bill this year.

I am liking some of the names showing up on the festival lineups this year.  I am still holding out for Forecastle, as it is the closest and most convenient festival for me.  I would love to see The National headline it.  And I could not care less about Outkast...
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

APR

Good points.  I believe you're right based on all of them especially the last one about the other festival in Georgia they're playinig.  I never heard of that one.  No way they're playing two festivals that close in time and area.  I'm not into Outkast either.

If it is MMJ, then I can't begin to describe how stoked I'd be.

dmooney99

looks better than the Firefly destival to me.

kintante5

I guess Mountain Jam is still a possibility if they're adding one more headliner.  I don't really see a reason why they're waiting to release MMJ's names on posters though

oistheone

GovBall so far has the best lineup to my tastes, but unlike most years, no festivals have officially blown me away yet.

Also, did Outkast start a cottage industry of launching festivals? How many fucking festivals are there this year? All announcing nearly identical lineups all at the same time. Jesus.

mahg33ta

our street closes down for an annual Block party one Saturday in July and I am trying to get Outkast.

oistheone

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I could see the top of the Roo lineup looking something like this:

Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Elton John (heavily rumored)
DMB/Widespread/misc jam closer
(Big popular hip hop act -- thinking Drake. Maaaaybe Outkast but I think they're more likely for Forecastle)
Jack White
My Morning Jacket

oistheone

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 15, 2014, 02:56 PM
our street closes down for an annual Block party one Saturday in July and I am trying to get Outkast.

Hahaha. I also hear they are available for proms and weddings.

bartel

I'm expecting a late summer/fall tour there are plenty of festivals yet to be announced for 2014 most of them late summer and fall..

Fully

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 15, 2014, 02:56 PM
Looks like you've got a shot.