Main Menu

Tour 2014

Started by britishinamerica, Feb 02, 2014, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britishinamerica

Will you be coming back to Darien this year in western new york?

EverythingChanges

I'm guessing if they tour this year, it won't be until late summer or fall at the earliest.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

kintante5

At this point I'm expecting a small winter tour and then an extensive summer tour next year.....it seems the new album is taking a bit longer to record than I anticipated.

EverythingChanges

I'm really wanting to see a homecoming show this year. The last one was Forecastle, but that was a festival.

Ltravieso

rumors at obh was that they are done recording, partly recored in mexico, beach vibe, heard through the grapevine.
Anytime your war gets out of hand, I'll take it on.

logan5ive

Red Rocks summer 2014!   
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

rincon2

Quote from: kintante5 on Feb 02, 2014, 10:51 PM
At this point I'm expecting a small winter tour and then an extensive summer tour next year.....it seems the new album is taking a bit longer to record than I anticipated.
The Circuital tour started the day it was released. I see no reason to think this album will not be ready by April. They already have 18 songs under their belt, and are recording more. In the old days, that could be released in weeks. LZ recorded 2 on the road supporting 1, and was out real fast. Technology is far easier now, so, any long time delay is pure marketing, not practical logistics. The Beatles released what, 11 studio albums in 7 years. Each one considered a giant  step foreword.
  (Yes, I consider them in the same category as Zeppelin and The Beatles)

Fully

I'd much rather see them play stand alone shows instead of fests. I'd love for them to play a full length show in Nashville. It's been since April 2010 since they've played there without it being a festival or someone else's show. Trey Songz or no Trey Songz. BOTTOMS UP! Never forget.
http://youtu.be/ekAXPCphKXQ

oistheone

I had assumed that we'd be getting the album and accompanying tour in the spring/summer, but I'm starting to question that. The band has been suspiciously absent from any festival lineups, and with news that they've gone back to California for even more recording, I'm highly doubting that this will be released anytime soon. Even after it's all recorded, mixed and mastered -- at least a few months away, I imagine -- we've still got a solid few months of pre-release promotion.

Of course, I am doing nothing but speculating. It would just greatly surprise me to see this album drop any time before the second half of the year. I have adjusted my mindset from "here comes a summer of nonstop MMJ shows!" to "hoping for some sweet MMJ shows in the fall".

bartel

remember jeff tweedy saying something like they were planning on releasing a new wilco record last year but they decided to do the americanrama festival instead.. I think this would be a similar idea with MMJ... planned on releasing it NOW but got caught up with the unexpected tour.. expect an album somewhere between May-September followed by a late summer/early fall tour.

kintante5

I feel like with Circuital we knew it was coming out in May of 2011 for awhile....and they were also playing Wonderful and Circuital live well before that.  It just doesn't seem like they're close to wrapping up yet.

touchingmept2

already speculating for obh 2015.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Mr. White

Quote from: Fully on Feb 04, 2014, 07:06 AM
I'd much rather see them play stand alone shows instead of fests. I'd love for them to play a full length show in Nashville. It's been since April 2010 since they've played there without it being a festival or someone else's show. Trey Songz or no Trey Songz. BOTTOMS UP! Never forget.
http://youtu.be/ekAXPCphKXQ

I agree Fully. I don't like the shortened festival-friendly sets like we saw with the 1 hour and 15 minute AmericanaramA shows (though I wouldn't turn one down). I would still love to see them play Forecastle XII this year as a headlining act, since I live nearby. Plus, when they released Circuital, they played that special UNSTAGED show on the release day (May 31, 2011) at the Palace Theatre (that I was lucky enough to get to) and still showed up in town less than a year later to play Forecastle X in July of 2012. Something like that would be wonderful! I too want them to play their own shows in places like Nashville, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, maybe Saint Louis, and a couple of other not-too-far-away places for me like that.

As far as the release of the next album goes, I think there will be some kind of build-up similar to the one for Circuital. I will spend the money for a Deluxe Box-Set like I did for Circuital. So, there will have to be some type of momentum building before we see the new album and the tour starts.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

kintante5

Anyone else think the lack of festival appearances thus far makes a summer tour unlikely?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: kintante5 on Feb 07, 2014, 10:33 AM
Anyone else think the lack of festival appearances thus far makes a summer tour unlikely?

Either the Jacket is holding out for Bonnaroo's lineup drop, or we won't see a tour until late fall methinks.

ajclements004

SOMEBODY on this forum has to know something!

BigHerm

Quote from: ajclements004 on Feb 07, 2014, 12:17 PM
SOMEBODY on this forum has to know something!
Someone is holding out on us. Johnny!!!  :wink:

millerjustin

I had a drunken conversation with Tucker Martine on Night 2 at OBH (I was the drunk one) - he was standing inside sound board fence by himself.  He was vague about timeframes and I got the sense that they won't be touring until Fall.  I was asking him if they would be testing any new material out at OBH (they didn't) and how the new songs were coming along - If I were to guess and hope, they might tour Sept-Dec with wrap up shows in PC - this would be testing new stuff with Album dropping around new year. 

Of course, I could be totally wrong
What's in here won't disappear

oistheone

We've definitely been spoiled with summer tours for the last three summers. Perhaps 2014 turns out like 2010 -- no significant tour in the summer, couple early/late fall shows and then BAM T5 BLOW OUT AND NEW ALBUM!

gluvmiller

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 07, 2014, 01:41 PM
I had a drunken conversation with Tucker Martine on Night 2 at OBH (I was the drunk one) - he was standing inside sound board fence by himself.  He was vague about timeframes and I got the sense that they won't be touring until Fall.  I was asking him if they would be testing any new material out at OBH (they didn't) and how the new songs were coming along - If I were to guess and hope, they might tour Sept-Dec with wrap up shows in PC - this would be testing new stuff with Album dropping around new year. 

Of course, I could be totally wrong

Well this could really hinder my Red Rocks party plan. Gonna have to figure out another way to hang out with the Millers.