Main Menu

Water Liars

Started by ChronicHunger, Feb 05, 2014, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Their new album released yesterday and no surprise, it's great. Wyoming is a heartbreakingly beautiful album, if that makes any sense. They made an appearance at that high school everyone plays at, and it's just lovely. Wyoming was probably my favorite album last year.

I have no clue what to compare them to since I've never been any good at that, but their music can be very somber yet gorgeous all at the same time. I can't get enough of these guys. Some of their stuff sounds like old soul music, like they've listened to a shitload of slow Otis Redding songs.

Come Closer

Great band. I have an extra download each of their last couple albums. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

ChronicHunger

Moon over Madison might be my favorite by them, couldn't find it on YouTube though, for sure on the Otis redding reference, there like backwoods alt country soul lol, if you like these guys you should check out Adam Faucett and the tall grass, kind of in the same realm only he has, somehow, a much more powerful voice.

Willard1979

I'm listening to the S/T album right now.  I'm liking it a lot!  :drum:

Angelo

I got to talk with Justin when they opened for DBTs a last month and asked him about Otis Redding and not surprisingly he's a big fan. They're opening a few shows for Spanish Gold soon.

EverythingChanges

The self titled album is amazing.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Angelo

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 10, 2014, 12:17 PM
Most definitely. Spend some time with their first two as well. Especially Wyoming. Holy hell is Wyoming a special album.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Angelo on Nov 11, 2014, 09:06 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 10, 2014, 12:17 PM
Most definitely. Spend some time with their first two as well. Especially Wyoming. Holy hell is Wyoming a special album.

No kidding! Good stuff!

My two favorites so far:

Water Liars - War Paint - Audiotree Live

Water Liars | Fake Heat | JR's Fayetteville

ffghtrs

itunes DL start now!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Come Closer

I'm enjoying Andrew Bryant's new solo album. It's a little samey, but a smooth listen for sure.

EverythingChanges

I saw these guys last night. Holy shit they killed it! I cannot recommend them highly enough. To top it off, they did their cover of Just Be Simple from Songs Ohia. Too good. They are super humble as well. Please do yourself a favor and check them out if you haven't already!

Angelo

Quote from: EverythingChanges on May 05, 2015, 04:56 AM
I saw these guys last night. Holy shit they killed it! I cannot recommend them highly enough. To top it off, they did their cover of Just Be Simple from Songs Ohia. Too good. They are super humble as well. Please do yourself a favor and check them out if you haven't already!
I caught their Philly show last week and it was superb. My second time seeing them and it was just as great as the first. They played three new songs. I got to talk to them a bit and mainly asked about a new album. They said they're planning to hit the studio in the beginning of June but I think Justin said not to expect anything until next year. The new songs sounded great.

werduga

These guys are the most underrated band in the south and they are so great live. I have no idea how they aren't more popular yet...