adamfortune

Assuming this happens again and they use the same format/schedule

Headliner:  MMJ (duh!)

2nd Headliner:  Alabama Shakes

Opening band:  White Denim

Late Night DJ:  Jonathan Toubin

Thoughts?

rincon2

Shakes and Denim would be cool. Couldn't care less about any DJ, anywhere, or anytime.

gluvmiller

I'd like to add Jason Isbell to the mix. And I could do without the late night DJ in general, but I know a lot of people enjoyed it. After a couple nights, I was content to find a quiet bar and drink and discuss what we just experienced.

johnnYYac

J. Roddy Walston and The Business share the ATO label with MMJ and would be great on an off night.  Lucius is known to Tommy and his wife.  They'd be a fun opener. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Angelo

J. Roddy would be fun, Yac.

My list:
Dr. Dog
The Roots

Or just make it a JJ festival and bring:
The Monsters of Folk, New Multitudes, and JJ band members.  :cheesy:

sb_gli

walterfredo

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 26, 2014, 11:17 AM
Wilco

would be absolutely amazing, but Tweedy's to full of himself to be second bill to anyone (other than Bob Dylan of course). 

Angelo

Now that I reread the title of this thread, I would go with Wilco too. Plus the rest of the JJ bands, then Jay and Jeff can perform together onstage again. I don't see it happening but since we're dreaming, why not?

justbcuzido

I'd go with

Opening night - Press Hall
Second night opener - J Roddy Walston
Third night Dr Dog ---> Wilco
3rd night opener Future Birds
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

EverythingChanges

Wilco is not realistic, so I'd go with this:

Dr. Dog - Night 1 Opener
M. Ward - Night 2 Opener
Carl Broemel - Night 3 Opener / Monsters of Folk - Night 3 Closer
Bright Eyes - Night 4 Opener

This would make Jim and Carl play all 4 days, so it is also unlikely, but oh well!  Also, if Monsters of Folk closed, they might need to play some covers, given all of the members would be playing separately too.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ditty

MMJ
MMJ
Spanish Gold, Carl Broemel, Monsters of Folk OR JJ solo
MMJ
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

EverythingChanges

Let me edit my list.  I think MMJ should be the only band on the last night, to increase set list length.  Also, good idea Ditty on adding Spanish Gold.  That would work great on the third night.

M. Ward - MMJ
Bright Eyes - MMJ
Spanish Gold - Carl Broemel - Monsters of Folk
MMJ

Here is my alternative list:

J Roddy - MMJ
Dr. Dog - MMJ
Spanish Gold - Carl Broemel - Jim James
MMJ
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

millerjustin

let's broaden our horizons, shall we?

This is a tricky exercise, inasmuch as an undercard needs to be just that.  While I'd love the Black Crowes, I don't think they would take an undercard position. 

I'd love for more hold-over Bobby if Further does another Paradise Waits and the dates line up.  That shit was special (and the main reason why I'm so anxious for download codes).

I assume PHJB has a standing invite to accompany MMJ on this forever - and I'd love to see them again - esp. if Jim freaks the fuck out and kills another appearance with them.  I haven't seen video yet, but he nearly knocked over the old dude with a mic stand.

Here's a somewhat educated and wishful guess:  Tedeschi Trucks Band.  They rock and have horns that rival or beat Antiballas.  AND Derek won't be tied up with Allman's touring next year, AND they'd take an undercard (as with Black Crowes last year).  AND they'd blend well with MMJ both musically and socially.

They would do VERY well to also add Gary Clark Jr. and/or Hardworking Americans for more filler.  I think there should have been more daytime sets.  just sayin.
What's in here won't disappear

gluvmiller

Here, here on the TTB and Hard Working Americans. Have to whole-heartedly agree with both of those choices. So excited for TTB this summer at red rocks. Plus I'm pretty sure they're going to open for Panic in Chicago this summer so considering a flight up there.

Stevie

I may be in the minority here, but for the 'night off,' instead of a dance party i think it would be really cool if they did something like the rock and soul superjam that Jim did at Bonnaroo.      They could invite opener bands for nights 1 and 2 (and even 4) that would fit the super jam.  This would bring the artists even closer together, challenge them to collaborate on short notice, and serve as 'one big' celebration of both the vibe and the creative energy of the event as well as a prelude to the final, earth shattering MMJ performance of the event the next night. 

Of course, I'd also love it if Bobby were to come back again, provided they changed up some of the songs they played.

63schoefflin

Dr. Dog is a no-brainer. Make it happen Yim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fortbethel

DBT
Reformed 'Camper Van...'
Midlake
Plastic not real bananas

whiskeyknits

I agree I'd love to see more daytime music options. there's only so much drinking in the sun that can be done...

Opening night - Antibalas
Second night opener - Gary Clark Jr.
Third night Dirty Projectors ---> Alt J
3rd night opener Dr. Dog

Fully

Why not just have JRoddy, Futurebirds, and PHJB open. You know Preservation Hall is going to be there and who doesn't love them? If they can't make it, bring Trombone Shorty's ass out there.

Why not have the MMJ play all four nights if Jim's voice can make it last any longer that it has to.