OBH 2015 Dream Lineup

Started by adamfortune, Feb 26, 2014, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

Dr. Dog should get the second billing and then the WOD...PHJB has to be there to help with the horns so that always will make sense, plus it just doesn't seem right without them at this point after they've been a part of every major gig they've done since 2010 or before (sans T5)...I've seen the flaming lips about 6 -7 times and wilco 10+, to me there is absolutely 100% no comparison and Wilco would blow them out of the water every time...I honestly think all 6-7 flaming lips shows were exactly the same except for the one at OBH...the first couple were fun but after that it just got old and now Wayne just annoys the hell out of me on stage. I'm not as much of a Dawes hater as most around here so I'm definitely ok with them and can see them fitting...just wish Dr. Dog was headlining the off night...they put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen...I've seen the Dog about 8 times and have never seen the same show...amazing how some bands like to progress rather than get in their comfort zone and play the same set night in and night out...not gonna waste my breath worrying about BOH...I really liked them right when they came out and saw them open for MMJ at least 4-5 times and by themselves a few times so by now it's gotten a little old but I mean I really can't complain, it's gonna be an awesome time, regardless

APR

It's probably pretty much a dream lineup for the band (not counting older artists who they may consider their heroes) as it seems like it's all their friends. 

Anything beyond MMJ is an added bonus.  War on Drugs is a huge plus!   Last year the other bands weren't announced until many months after the event went on sale.

Mr. White

The War On Drugs is supposed to perform on Letterman tonight (7/7/2014).

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Also, Sylvan Esso is on Fallon 7/9!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

APR

War on Drugs were awesome as usual.

DVR is set for Sylvan Esso.  Thanks.

Murph

http://youtu.be/ogUGCX37dFo

I think Patrick has to play with them at OBH

johnnYYac

Underwhelming performance last night.  Patrick would be a nice add, as the other guy is pretty busy with his knobs. Not my thing, but I'm sure I can find a way to occupy myself during their set.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 10, 2014, 12:53 PM
Underwhelming performance last night.  Patrick would be a nice add, as the other guy is pretty busy with his knobs. Not my thing, but I'm sure I can find a way to occupy myself during their set.

The girl seemed nervous I think.  I could sense it in her vocals a bit.  I like the song though.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

sweatboard

Night
1. water liars - MMJ
2. strand of oaks - MMJ
3. father john misty - J. Roddy
4. phosphorescent - MMJ
5. All these bands playing together to perform The Last Waltz
There's Still Time.........

robb

Quote from: sweatboard on Jul 17, 2014, 11:46 PM
Night
1. water liars - MMJ
2. strand of oaks - MMJ
4. phosphorescent - MMJ

i'd pay all the money i have to see that.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

BH

Quote from: sweatboard on Jul 17, 2014, 11:46 PM
Night
1. water liars - MMJ
2. strand of oaks - MMJ
4. phosphorescent - MMJ

Yes please!   I don't even know who water liars is but yes, yes!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Dave, you NEED to check out Water Liars self titled from this year....it's right up there with the new strand of oaks for me. 
There's Still Time.........