PonoMusic - My Morning Jacket Artist Edition

Started by wonderfulman, Mar 12, 2014, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Pre-loaded albums on the My Morning Jacket Limited Edition Artists Signature Series Pono Music Player

Okonokos

Circuital

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

itrainmonkeys

johnnYYac

It should be the entire discography at that price...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

buymycar

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 17, 2014, 05:21 PM
It should be the entire discography at that price...

Agreed, and if they had to pick two, Circuital really? I just don't get the Pono. I'm happy with vinyl for a more audiophile listening experience, and Spotify fulfills any other void I could have with music save for just going to a show.

Albeit an interesting idea, this just seems like an expensive gimmick. I can't tell a difference in digital music past the 320kbps mark. Past that, I feel like I would be listening too hard for a difference instead of enjoying the music. Maybe that's just me.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Santo

I wonder which Okonokos track listing it will be. CD, Vinyl or DVD?

johnnYYac

Quote from: Santo on Sep 18, 2014, 11:43 PM
Good question. Not the DVD, but I'm guessing the CD.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Santo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 19, 2014, 12:58 AM
Quote from: Santo on Sep 18, 2014, 11:43 PM
Good question. Not the DVD, but I'm guessing the CD.

Given that Pono is supposed to be the best digital replication of vinyl, you would hope that it would at least be the LP boxed set. But I agree, I think it will be the CD track list. Although how could one complain about any version of Okonokos?

Mr. White

buymycar

So the Pono Music store has sort of gone live (you can't buy any tracks yet). But no My Morning Jacket tracks or albums are up yet.

https://ponomusic.force.com/

logan5ive

MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

jmoney

Quote from: logan5ive on Nov 07, 2014, 05:22 PM
So...has anybody received theirs yet?

Not yet nor received a shipping notification.

From what I can gather, they had production issues with the limited editions players.  While they fixed the bugs with production they kept producing the regular edition players and started shipping those early.  They have apparently worked out the production issues and should be shipping more limited edition players soon.

Mr. White

Quote from: jmoney on Nov 19, 2014, 11:20 AM
Quote from: logan5ive on Nov 07, 2014, 05:22 PM
So...has anybody received theirs yet?

Not yet nor received a shipping notification.

From what I can gather, they had production issues with the limited editions players.  While they fixed the bugs with production they kept producing the regular edition players and started shipping those early.  They have apparently worked out the production issues and should be shipping more limited edition players soon.

I'll be cool with it as long as I get mine by Jan. 1, 2015. (Hopefully, it'll be in my hands by Dec. 1, 2014!) From all accounts by those who have already gotten their Pono Players, they sound wonderful! I'm extremely excited to be in on this first edition of the Player!

GO4IT

Since I ordered the MMJ edition, along with Mr White and others, I'm also waiting for mine.  As long as I get it before X-Mas I'm fine.  I won't have much time to play with it before then anyway.

Mr. White

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 21, 2014, 10:51 PM
Since I ordered the MMJ edition, along with Mr White and others, I'm also waiting for mine.  As long as I get it before X-Mas I'm fine.  I won't have much time to play with it before then anyway.

Here is the part of the most recent Pono Kickstarter Update (#50) that addresses what may be the holdup with the MMJ Pono Players
"Delivery Schedule
Many of you have asked us to publish a delivery schedule. Unfortunately, that's not possible because we have a large number of products in process and any of a multitude of reasons can change the production and shipment schedule. These reasons include the need to re-etch housings for minor cosmetic defects, possible unavailability of the artist's albums, reworking some units that failed quality inspections, regulations against bamboo boxes in some countries, etc. We did our best to prioritize things according to Kickstarter pledge sequence, however, in practice things didn't pan out the way we'd hoped.
We follow military-grade inspection specs that require sampling from each lot. If we find one defect from the samples, then we re-inspect every unit within the lot, and depending on the defect discovered, put the players through a battery of tests including a fully automatic audio test, touch screen display test, testing of all buttons and connectors, and a listening test by a real person.
Once the players are approved they are shipped to another area in the same building where each unit is weighed to ensure it contains everything intended and is scanned and matched to the individual pledgee. A label is printed only if the information is complete and passes UPS requirements. And quite candidly, that's been where the holdup has been and where a great deal of effort is now being expended to solve shipping address related issues."

I'd bet that My Morning Jacket Players fall into that category of album not available. A few weeks ago, a lot of MMJ's stuff was in the "Beta" version of the Pono Store. However, they disappeared a while back and there's only about 8 singles available at the moment. The Store is still in the works, and their pricing isn't even set yet. I just hope they get things worked out soon.

buymycar

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 21, 2014, 11:26 PM

I'd bet that My Morning Jacket Players fall into that category of album not available. A few weeks ago, a lot of MMJ's stuff was in the "Beta" version of the Pono Store. However, they disappeared a while back and there's only about 8 singles available at the moment. The Store is still in the works, and their pricing isn't even set yet. I just hope they get things worked out soon.

Not only did the albums disappear from the store, the links that I posted in this thread disappeared as well!   :cry:

jmoney

I checked the address update they sent out in their last email.  You can go there and make sure everything they need for shipping is correct and verified.

At the bottom it lists the status of your player.  It says mine (and probably the other MMJ players) will be manufactured soon.  Not sure on turnaround time from manufacturing to shipping, but I guess we will probably be looking at an ETA of around the end of December.

Anyone else's order status state something different?

jmoney

My order status has changed.  Now it says the player will be shipped soon.  Looks like it should arrive before Christmas!

Mr. White

Over at the Pono Community/Forum, James MacCallum from Canada posted this earlier today, "UPS tried to deliver my MMJ LE on Friday. But I was in the shower! :( Have to wait for Monday now." This is the first confirmed (almost) sighting of a My Morning Jacket Pono Player out in the wild! Hopefully, they will all make it to their owners by Christmas!

GO4IT

Got the following e-mail message today about my MMJ-edition Pono player:

"We've got some great news for you today! Your PonoPlayer has shipped and should be arriving shortly."

Woo hoo!! :thumbsup: :cheesy: