Wondering if there's any chance in hell....(The Hudson Project 7/11-7/13)

Started by millerjustin, Mar 28, 2014, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

Santo

There have been rumors about this for a while. Back in the beginning a February someone leaked a list of proposed acts. It can be found here: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20140210%2FNEWS%2F402100326%2F-1%2FNEWS. This is certainly a list of bands that they would like to get, maybe even talked to, but not a list of signed acts. Their facebook page says they are working on a lineup and the initial announcement will April 1. Considering the history of the location and the proposed line-up, this is definitely one to keep an eye on.

oistheone

MMJ would be a huge get for this first-year fest, as it'd likely be the band's only date this summer. I am cautiously optimistic, but not fully hopeful. Either way, I'm keeping that weekend open.

oistheone

Damn, didn't even notice but tickets are already on sale! $180 for a three-day GA pass with camping. Not too shabby at all!

Mannnnnnn I am tempted to pull the trigger. But I suppose without MMJ confirmation, that plan would be foolish.

oistheone

Tomorrow is the big day, lineup is announced in the morning.

I am so there if MMJ is announced.

kintante5

Anyone care to predict odds that they headline?  I'm almost expecting them but don't wanna get my hopes up.

Santo

I'm putting my pessimist hat on and predict the worst of both worlds...partial lineup with no Jacket in sight. Then a months worth of vague hints.

millerjustin

with full disclosure that I have no real intel to work with, I did notice today that Justin Helton (Status Serigraph and all around nice dude) mentioned on FB that he's working on a MMJ poster.  He mentioned along with a bunch of other bands, but this stuck out - a poster for what?!?!?

This Fest is one of only a few (if not the only?) that have not announced major acts.  Justin mentioned in another convo that he needs 2-3 months' lead time for a poster run. 

I might be crazy, or perhaps the stars are lining up.  Or both.
What's in here won't disappear

oistheone

Verrrrrrrrry interesting lead. Nice detective work!

Could be another Roll Call poster, maybe. Could be a record-release poster? Or record-release show poster? Either way, good to see SOMETHING is coming!

Very exciting!

Santo

That is great! I agree that it might be a Roll Call poster. I'm jonsing real hard for some news. The downloads and this news are some tasty tidbits. If Hudson Project came through I don't know what i would do. Already committed to Lockn'. Summer is always a busy time at work, I don't know if I could justify two week long trips. Oh the anticipation is killing me.

e_wind

I assumed that poster was for roll call, but I'm also a pessimist.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

lineup out - no MMJ !   with the promise of "More acts to follow"....  :angry: :angry: :cry: :cry:

oistheone

Looks like we can add this thread to the list of those that shall be exiled to "Other Music". Dammit!

Early reports are that the fest got pretty much everyone on their wishlist EXCEPT MMJ. Blast! Knew it was a longshot, but ah well. I'm sure my bank account will thank me come the fall when the guys actually do start doing some shows.

For those interested, looks like they got Kendrick Lamar, Bassnectar, the Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Moby, STS9, Dr. Dog, Flying Lotus, Infected Mushroom, the Molly Munchers, Fungus Fun Bunch, okay I'm making these up now.

Hope that the festival does well, because this is a wonderful location for a July festival and I would love to attend should MMJ ever play in the future.

kintante5

I wonder if more headliners are to follow or the next rounds will just add a few bands to the undercard.

joey_rogo

I know it's an upstart fest so I can't be too harsh but this lineup is... not something I'd go to, even if it was right down the road from me and I was given a free ticket. :wink:

Why do some of the acts say "(Live)" next to them?