Tennessee Fire and At Dawn Reissues

Started by Santo, Apr 21, 2014, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

I was dinking around on the bullmoose.com website that was selling the Spanish Gold 7" and I ran across pre-sales for Tennessee Fire and At Dawn double LPs. They didn't have much for info but said it would be available 4/29. Googling the UPC codes I ran across another website that had a few more details (links below). Apparently they will be "limited edition" with download codes. List price will be around $33. As Oistheone mentioned on the 2014 Tour thread...Something is brewing.

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/vinyl/1469353/my-morning-jacket-tennessee-fire

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/vinyl/1468319/my-morning-jacket-at-dawn

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Santo on Apr 21, 2014, 11:57 PM
I was dinking around on the bullmoose.com website that was selling the Spanish Gold 7" and I ran across pre-sales for Tennessee Fire and At Dawn double LPs. They didn't have much for info but said it would be available 4/29. Googling the UPC codes I ran across another website that had a few more details (links below). Apparently they will be "limited edition" with download codes. List price will be around $33. As Oistheone mentioned on the 2014 Tour thread...Something is brewing.

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/vinyl/1469353/my-morning-jacket-tennessee-fire

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/vinyl/1468319/my-morning-jacket-at-dawn

AT DAWN IS ALL I NEED TO COMPLETE MY MMJ STUDIO LP COLLECTION, yes PLEASE!!

Also, where's Okonokos?  That's what everyone wants.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

It looks like there might be live recordings or perhaps demos of the entire album?

Track listing:

Track #   Title
1.      1   At Dawn
1.      2   Lowdown
1.      3   The Way That He Sings
1.      4   Death Is My Sleazy Pay
1.      5   Hopefully
1.      6   Bermuda Highway
1.      7   Honest Man
1.      8   X-Mas Curtain
1.      9   Just Because I Do
1.      10   If It Smashes Down
1.      11   I Needed It Most
1.      12   Phone Went West
1.      13   Strangulation
1.      14   Bonus Track
2.      4   Death Is the Easy Way
2.      5   Hopefully
2.      6   Bermuda Highway
2.      7   Honest Man
2.      8   X-Mas Curtain
2.      9   Just Because I Do
2.      10   If It Smashes Down
2.      11   I Needed It Most
2.      12   Phone Went West
2.      13   [untitled Track]
2.      14   Strangulation!

parkervb

definitely interesting...would like to have more background on the 2nd disc.  This may be a dumb question but isn't that a lot of tracks for a 2 disc LP?  I have the other 180g LPs that I bought through Pop Market last year and those are two discs but there are only 2-3 songs per side and that's why I asked.
Don't you ever turn it off

Santo

I wonder if that track listing is a mistake. There is more info on the Darla website. Looks like it's going to be 500 copies on black vinyl.  It has standard track listing and cheaper price. It looks like they restocked all of their Jacket material, CDs too.

http://darla.com/index.php?fuseaction=item_cat.ecom_superitem_detail&item_cat_id=23951

EverythingChanges

Any idea if they will be announcing this soon then, since it appears you can already order them?  Seems weird.

joey_rogo

Darla has done this before. I seem to remember a run of these on black in 2011 or 2012. I think it was 1000 each (not to be confused with the repress on colored vinyl). I own both.

wheelhousetunes

I think those At Dawn bonus tracks are the same ones that came with the limited edition cd pressing that were Jim's demos.

gardenparty

Its clear the additional LP is chock full of live takes from T5. 

Or one can wish

walterfredo

I'm not a vinyl expert...do you guys think they will be sold directly through MMJ's webstore, or should I just jump on a pre-order now.  Want the At Dawn.

screw it, I ordered it. Must have!

Santo

Quote from: joey_rogo on Apr 22, 2014, 12:13 PM
Darla has done this before. I seem to remember a run of these on black in 2011 or 2012. I think it was 1000 each (not to be confused with the repress on colored vinyl). I own both.

Have you done the Pepsi Challenge on the records? Which sounds better the black vinyl or the colored vinyl?

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 22, 2014, 06:18 PM
I'm not a vinyl expert...do you guys think they will be sold directly through MMJ's webstore, or should I just jump on a pre-order now.  Want the At Dawn.

screw it, I ordered it. Must have!

Did you order it directly from Darla? I'm curious what their customer service is like. I have not been impressed with ATO, expensive shipping with a damaged record.

walterfredo

Yes I did. Shipping was $5 I believe.

joey_rogo

Quote from: Santo on Apr 22, 2014, 08:54 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Apr 22, 2014, 12:13 PM

Have you done the Pepsi Challenge on the records? Which sounds better the black vinyl or the colored vinyl?

Nope, never opened the black ones.

davymac

I really want to know if those are in fact the demos.  It seems like it would be a 4 LP set if so.

johnnYYac

The Tennessee Fire/At Dawn demos have never been made available on vinyl. Its a 2xCD.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

I went ahead and ordered from Darla's website as well.  I would be stupid not to jump on this chance.  At Dawn is my number #2 must have record next to Okonokos.

walterfredo

Received my At Dawn vinyl today!!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2014, 06:58 PM
Received my At Dawn vinyl today!!

Mine should be here soon. How is it?

walterfredo

Stevie

These puppies are nice and thick.  Although the colored version of At Dawn is also pretty thick.  Is there any chance that the Blue/Green version of At Dawn is 180g as well or does that only happen with the black vinyl?