Jack White's New Album

Started by ffghtrs, Jun 10, 2014, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

My record player can't handle Jack White's New Ultra LP.  Side A you play from the center out and when playing from the center out the record player seems to be trying to play forward.  I suspect that is the reason why it keeps getting stuck and playing a single track over and over again.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Ob1jacobe

i worry about the same thing.  Is the only pressing the Ultra LP or are there regular ones too?  Picking mine up after work but not sure if my turntable can handle the trick up features.

I have been listening on Spotify and I love it.  Not quite as much as Blunderbuss but that might change after repeat listening.

ffghtrs

It's a great album musically but there is only the ultra LP as of now.  I believe.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

For side A, you have to drop the needle as far from center as possible. The label tracks are not worth repeated listening and are in the narrow black ring. I liked the alternate intros to side B.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ffghtrs

Yeah still having problems playing it.  Tried everything I coudl think of... i truly believe it's the record player i'm using.  Its kinda cheap.  but gets the job the done usually.