Main Menu

Blind Melon

Started by ffghtrs, Jul 05, 2014, 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Ghosts_on_TV

Soup is up there when it comes to top albums ever.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

buaawwww

Shannon Hoon's passing was just such a shame and such a waste.  I destroyed the first album by overplaying it as much as I did.  Then when "Soup" came out I could not believe it.  That album is just flawless... just absolutely perfect.  Nico has some good stuff on it as well. 

I did get the most recent album with the new dude and the band sounds tight as ever, but it's just not the same.

I was supposed to see them in concert the week before he died.  Still bothers me to this very day.

ffghtrs

So wish i was older so i could have seen Shannon in his day.  That would have rocked.  but if i had a time machine, first stop is the late 60's then the early 90's and then repeat MMJ RED ROCKS SHOWS again!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

geekfreak

a wonderous band sadly Shannon Hoon`s passing away what a waste of a life, Soup is a great album. 
welcome to the cosmos of peace, love and ????

ffghtrs

I concur on Soup.  I really actually love Three is A Magic Number as my favorite Blind Melon tune.  Because i was working at a children's theatre in high school and junior high and we performed School house rock tunes one summer.  it was fucking amazing.  the kids i were the summer counselor for sang three is a magic number.  So me being the nerdy 15 year old that i am brought in some Blind Melon to listen to while we ate lunch and stuff.  The kids loved hearing the rock and roll version of Three is a magic Number.  Good times. good memories.  Miss being innocent and young.  And i 'm not even thirty yet. But i'm close.