Govenor Hallahan

Started by gluvmiller, Oct 10, 2014, 04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I'm so sad I had to miss this. I had planned on going for the last few months (since I found out what day it was going to be held on). I had even gotten permission to be off work for a personal day. However, changes in my schedule and a few other pressing issues at work prevented me from going at the last minute. I had even planned on taking my 10 year old grandson with me. (His school is having their Fall break right now.) So sad...but so very proud of the band.

Also, our PBS stations in the state (KET) had recently re-broadcast the ceremony from 2013, and I just stumbled upon it. That gave me great hope that this year's ceremony will be broadcast soon. If anyone gets a heads-up about when it's supposed to be on, please post it here, so we don't miss it. If at all possible, I'll record it to the DVR, transfer it to DVD, rip it to my computer using Nero, upload it to YouTube, and post it here. I did this for the Jim James performance at the National Christmas Tree Lighting from 2010. Hopefully, I can do it for this special moment in Jacket history.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Search brought up this...

Episode description: Governor Steve Beshear honors Kentuckians for their achievements in the performing and visual arts. Recipients include: former exeutive director of the Kentucky Foundation for Women Judith Jennings, Grammy-winning gospel singer Larnelle Harris, Louisville's My Morning Jacket, Lexington's Carnegie Center for Literacy, The Market House Theatre of Paducah, Lexington Center/Rupp Arena Technical Services staff, founder of the Kentucky Folklife Program Robert Gates, the City of Danville, and Murray Ledger & Times columnist Constance Alexander.

Upcoming Airdates:

KETKY: Sunday, November 2 at midnight EST
KETKY: Sunday, November 2 at 10:00 am EST
KETKY: Sunday, November 2 at 8:00 pm EST
KETKY: Monday, November 3 at 7:00 am EST
KETKY: Monday, November 3 at 11:00 pm EST
KETKY: Saturday, November 8 at 6:00 pm EST
KET: Sunday, November 9 at 3:00 pm EST
You can select your time zone if it's not EST.
First aired: Sunday, November 2, 2014 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)

http://www.ket.org/tvschedules/a-z/

So, it looks like November 2, 2014 will be the day! Stay tuned!

Waddy Peytona

Mr. White

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Oct 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
My Morning Jacket, National Award

Their video intro ...

Thanks so much Waddy Peytona! Wonderful find!

"Published on Oct 10, 2014
My Morning Jacket is considered one of the top live rock acts in the world and can claim a discography with a depth of artistry that rivals many in the great American lexicon of popular music. Their music combines experimentalism, heartfelt emotion and unforgettable songs. Their collective interplay is rooted in a decade of friendship and music making forged in their hometown of Louisville. From their early days playing clubs, parties and community centers in Louisville, to recording their first three albums in Shelbyville, My Morning Jacket has brought much acclaim to their home state during the last decade. The members of My Morning Jacket are Jim James, Tom Blankenship, Patrick Hallahan, Bo Koster and Carl Broemel."

bears choice

I wish the guvna of my home state weren't such a douche bag.