My Morning Jacket Among The Governor Award In The Arts Recipients

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 10, 2014, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

http://wfpl.org/post/judith-jennings-my-morning-jacket-among-governor-award-arts-recipients

"My Morning Jacket, National Award – My Morning Jacket is considered one of the top live rock acts in the world and can claim a discography with a depth of artistry that rivals many in the great American lexicon of popular music. Their music combines experimentalism, heartfelt emotion and unforgettable songs. Their collective interplay is rooted in a decade of friendship and music making forged in their hometown of Louisville. From their early days playing clubs, parties and community centers in Louisville, to recording their first three albums in Shelbyville, My Morning Jacket has brought much acclaim to their home state during the last decade. The members of My Morning Jacket are Jim James, Tom Blankenship, Patrick Hallahan, Bo Koster and Carl Broemel."
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Waddy Peytona

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/07/09/governors-award-recipients/12419311/

"We are humbled and honored to receive this award," said My Morning Jacket's Jim James. "Kentucky is a place of great magic, inspiration, and creativity, a place where forces align to make dreams come true and people come together, and we are proud to call it home."

Mr. White

They do so much for Kentucky! I'm glad Kentucky is doing a few things to recognize their work and contributions to the state (They are also featured in the 30 minute documentary, "Kentucky Show!", which is a permanent feature of the Kentucky Center For The Performing Arts... in first floor movie room).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

The 2014 Governor's Awards In The Arts Ceremony will be on KET/PBS stations tonight. Locally, for me, the Ceremony will be on WKMJ (channel 68-2 on Directv) from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011