JohnnYYac Update from his brother

Started by BillYYac, Nov 11, 2014, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillYYac

Hello All,

I am JohnnYYac's brother Bill.  I've been to an MMJ concert before and I liked it;  not bad for a metal head.  I'm here because I love my brother and I know how much he values this community.

It looks like his last update here was pre-surgery. I imagine some of you may have been getting updates via Facebook.  If you haven't:

John was supposed to be in the hospital, from surgery to release, 1 week.  Today starts week 4 and he is still in ICU!  He is moving forward but has been through a lot of setbacks.  We believe he is on a course where the setbacks are behind him.

To give you a sense of what he's been through- from surgery through to last week  He has been through 204 units of blood!  The average person holds about 8 units; if you do the math he's had the volume of 25 1/2 people run through his system!  If you can donate blood wherever you are that would be awesome - It took 204 people with B- & O- to save his life.  He opted for a second surgery to remove a damaged part of the colon that was the last blood "leak".  It is always risky to have a second surgery so close to major heart surgery.  Part of John's thinking was that he needed to do it to conserve the area's blood supply - always thinking of others.

Fortunately he has insurance, but as we all know there are deductibles and other related expenses  that are not covered.  A GoFundMe campaign  has been set up to help his family out. This is the link for the "johnnYYac Fund":http://www.gofundme.com/gwzdfk.  If everyone whose had the pleasure of interacting with John on this forum gave $10 or $20 that would make a huge difference.  The goal listed is $1,000 and it was attained, but in reality it should be higher - I think at least $5k.  John probably asked it to be low because he didn't want to be a bother.

He didn't ask me to sign up; I did this on my own.  I'd rather keep it on the down-low, the focus should be on John. 

I'm not sure if anyone in the band or connected to it checks this forum much.  If they do, a call or a Skype from Jim James and/or the rest of the band would do a lot to raise his spirits.  I think that is the least they could do for one of their greatest ambassadors.  I'm going to include my email address since I'm not going to be a frequent user of the forum; nothing personal. If the band wants to say hey to John they can write me at wdycpp@gmail.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this:  send your positive Karma to the great JohnnYYac.

"BillYYac"

BillYYac

Looks like John has a computer today...he beat me by a few minutes.  If you see my post, I love you brother.  Take care everyone.

P.S.  John I believe an MMJ tshirt is en route to your house and some other stuff - apparently I've joined the fan club.  :)

Mr. White

Thanks for the update! I'm sure there will be several Forum members who will help out (I will). It may take a while for the news to filter out to everyone. This Forum has been pretty quiet for many months now. However, there are plenty of "old-timers" on here who monitor the posts and will no doubt pass along the information through e-mails and other posts on things like Facebook, etc.

Thanks also for responding to my PM, and thanks again for keeping the Forum members notified.

John (a.k.a. Mr. White)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Taterbug

Welcome to the board BillyYac.   I'm happy to see John is on his way to recovery.  It
sounds like he's been through one hell of a ride the last month. I'll continue praying for him and your family.  I just hope nurse Mike is extra gentle with the sponge baths  :bath:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

MarkW

Thanks for the update BillyYac.  Always room for more metalheads around here.

Good to know that he's now making progress.   204 units of blood?  That sounds like a Keith Richards' type move.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

BillYYac

Thanks we all appreciate your support.  My poor mother has been at the hospital every day since surgery, now that is commitment.  When John is close to leaving the hospital I'm flying out to hang with him in the early stages of home recovery (and give Mom a break too) - hopefully sooner than later.  John is well worth the effort, without question.

P.S.  Early in this thread I mistakenly thought John had gotten on the forum today.  I wouldn't put it past him, but I made a rookie mistake - it was replies from other members to his last report that I saw.

Thanks again.

BillYYac

Murph

Good thoughts going out to Mr. Yacc.. I've never met him, but have seen, and of course benefited from, the contributions he's made around here over the years and they are incomparable.  Feel better and get back soon Johnny

weeniebeenie

My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way, Johnny! Take care.
How loud can silence get?

Mr. White

Here's that link that johnnYYac's brother posted yesterday. Try to spread the word.

http://www.gofundme.com/gwzdfk
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Just got a call from Carl Broemel, right after leaving the cardiac ICU to a regular room. Made my day. Looks like my brother (BillYYac - haha) had something to do with it. Thanks, Bill! Love you!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 12, 2014, 08:47 PM
Just got a call from Carl Broemel, right after leaving the cardiac ICU to a regular room. Made my day. Looks like my brother (BillYYac - haha) had something to do with it. Thanks, Bill! Love you!

Nice John! Best part is you posted and are moving out of ICU.  :wink: Hang in brother. We love you.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ericm

Great news John!!   :smiley: Super psyched you're out of ICU, and into a regular room.  :thumbsup: Good to see you posting, and keep updating us as you can.  :beer:

Pretty cool phone call too.  :wink:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 
"Where's Jim going?"

davymac

Glad to see you post again!  Sending good vibes your way...awesome of Carl to call!

BillYYac

My work here is done.  JohnnYYac is back!  Thanks again to Carl for taking the opportunity to call John; that's awesome. 

It looks like you guys are keeping track of things through other sources, including the man himself!  So I return to the regular world, perhaps with a greater understanding and appreciation for this strange planet you occupy. 

Take care MMJ Forum.

Sincerely,

BillYYac

SaraBananaBear

So happy that you're starting to feel better JY! :smiley: So glad you're posting in the forum again! And so awesome that Carl called you! :cheesy: And great to have another Yac on the forum, the world needs maximum Yac!  :thumbsup: All the best! ♥!

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Crispy

WooHOOO Johnny, and thanks and welcomes to BillYYac!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Taterbug

He's Baaaaack !!!    :thumbsup:    I'm happy to see your out of icu and recovering. 
Nice & E-Z buddy.   No running down the halls.   

PS   keep growing the beard. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe